Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story short im doing a full 98 rs swap into my 96L I realized yesterday that I needed to swap the fuel tanks because of the wiring that connects to the rear harness. The parts car rs I have is a total rust bucket. I was taking out the charcoal canister and then that vapor canister valve thingy. It's totally shot. I am completely lost and can't really seem to find any info on this. where can I find a new one of these things. I have added pictures of the things I need. Thanks
Hood Motor vehicle Art Automotive design Font
Wood Art Twig Metal Pipe
Art Wood Gas Font Symbol

·
Registered
6 Posts
Vapor canister purge solenoid, part number 42084FA090.

If you take a look at the exploded view of the subart parts sites, you should be able to locate the part & part numbers to get an idea of any other parts you need to identify. It appears this part was also compatible with 96 L's so presumably you might already have a spare you can use from L. I am currently also doing the same swap ( 99 RS rust bucket into a 95 L). How far are you along with the swap? Are you completely swapping everything over (ABS, cruise, full harness & etc.)?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah so I looked under my L where the canister and solenoid would be and it's not there. I don't know if it's hidden somewhere or what. I'm basically swapping everything, all wiring, abs, cruise control, full interior etc.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yeah so I looked under my L where the canister and solenoid would be and it's not there. I don't know if it's hidden somewhere or what. I'm basically swapping everything, all wiring, abs, cruise control, full interior etc.
Might be possible that it was only for CA vehicles where they integrated a charcoal canister EVAP system. When i removed my L, there was only one vent tube back to the filler neck aside from the filler house & the three fuel line connections.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Might be possible that it was only for CA vehicles where they integrated a charcoal canister EVAP system. When i removed my L, there was only one vent tube back to the filler neck aside from the filler house & the three fuel line connections.
Interesting. I'm probably just going to end up buying a new solenoid and canister

1 - 5 of 5 Posts