Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ll start with what I have. I have a 2006 Outback XT 5MT and a 2001 Rs coupe automatic transmission :/

The rear main went out on the outback and I was wondering if it was possible for this swap to even work. If so I’m just going to strip the outback for the complete driveline and send it to scrap.

I know outback’s are lifted legacy’s so essentially I have a legacy gt. Searching for legacy gt swaps I couldn’t find a clear answer either.

anything helps!

·
Registered
160 Posts
It's possible! There's a lot of info on here and other sites. Id check out the swap section, it's similar to a GD STi swap with the amount of modification involved.

·
Super Moderator
2000 RSTi
1,139 Posts
Unless you are a wiring guru, I recommend contacting Iwire to see about the feasibility of that swap. The wiring is about 80% of the headaches in a swap, from my experience.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's possible! There's a lot of info on here and other sites. Id check out the swap section, it's similar to a GD STi swap with the amount of modification involved.
Awesome thank you for the pointers I’ll look into gd Sti swaps!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Unless you are a wiring guru, I recommend contacting Iwire to see about the feasibility of that swap. The wiring is about 80% of the headaches in a swap, from my experience.
I’m no wiring guru but I am willing to go threw the headache. I’ve read ej255 swap discussions but couldn’t find one where they swap the motor with the newer style plastic manifold and TMIC. I’ll be contacting Iwire here soon though see what they have to say or offer.

·
Super Moderator
2000 RSTi
1,139 Posts
In that case, good luck! The swap is not really well documented, unlike the 02-07 WRX or 04-07 STI.

·
Registered
'96 OBS
314 Posts
yeah, will be interesting to see where the intercooler ends up with the plastic manifold. You can always swap manifolds though. You gonna stick with the stock ECU or go aftermarket?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts