Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
98 Impreza L
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK i got a GC8 with a 02 wrx swap .

04 STi front subframe wit steering rack .
04 WRX control arms

What front swaybar & endlinks do i use ?

Some ppl say depends on control arms ? im a little confused.

Thanks !

·
Registered
11 wrx & 15 fozzy 2.5i
2,000 Posts
wrx, because of the wrx control arms you already got.

·
Registered
11 wrx & 15 fozzy 2.5i
2,000 Posts
yeah 02-07wrx, i'm sure sti will also fit but just to think about the wider track of the sti makes me thing that it wouldn't be perfect for your application.

·
Registered
98 Impreza L
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah 02-07wrx, i'm sure sti will also fit but just to think about the wider track of the sti makes me thing that it wouldn't be perfect for your application.

Yeah i think the STI might be a lil longer than the wrx ones .. ?

Thanks for the info !

I might go with the 02 bugeye 20mm Front swaybar and endlinks .

·
Registered
98 Impreza L
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wait the actual question is ! - what swaybar bracket do i use? The 04sti bracket ? Since its a 04sti subframe ? And i use wrx bushing and bar ?

·
Registered
99RS 207 V9 AW
1,285 Posts
I just installed Cusco 22mm front sway bar to my GC w/WRX x-member swap yesterday, ordered bracket from dealership $10/pair, and threw the paper in the garbage. I'll dig it up tonight for you to get P/N. If you just crawl under or take a quick peak to see there's a STUD sticking out from the subframe (need a nut to screw on,) the other side of the clamp is thread with 1.50mm so you need a screw about 1 inch long.

WRX bushings/bar(20mm f/r sedan) is fine and cheaper but if you use aftermarket larger Whiteline or Cusco it's more expensive. Bushing should match sway bar size.

http://www.rallysportdirect.com/Sway-Bars

·
Registered
98 Impreza L
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just installed Cusco 22mm front sway bar to my GC w/WRX x-member swap yesterday, ordered bracket from dealership $10/pair, and threw the paper in the garbage. I'll dig it up tonight for you to get P/N. If you just crawl under or take a quick peak to see there's a STUD sticking out from the subframe (need a nut to screw on,) the other side of the clamp is thread with 1.50mm so you need a screw about 1 inch long.

WRX bushings/bar(20mm f/r sedan) is fine and cheaper but if you use aftermarket larger Whiteline or Cusco it's more expensive. Bushing should match sway bar size.

Sway Bars at RallySportDirect.com

Yeah i was thinking about going aftermarket but at the moment i dont have anything so ill slap the wrx bugeye ( 20mm ) on ... and the wrx and sti bushing brackets seem to be the same .. so im also going to get those from the dealer.. and yeah bushing to match the swaybar .. cool. thanks ..

what rear sway bar are you using ? how does ur car handle with the cusco.

·
Registered
99RS 207 V9 AW
1,285 Posts
I always love Cusco products (Whiteline is good too), strut bars and sway bars should be installed together to tie suspension/control arms to reduce roll. It handles really nice but it's a must to have KB or WL endlinks to make it complete. Stock end links are soft, I can push them L/R while I was under this car while I tried on my other GC with KB installed, never moved.

Bottom line: strut/sway/end links will do the job. Save $$$ if use WRX sedan 20/20(f/r). I like mine with 22mm Cusco front/20mm WRX rear, handle turns really well with KYB/P1 shocks/springs for DD.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts