Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1998 2.5 RS
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SOLD

Regretfully I am selling my RS. It has been a great and fun car for me for the last 5+ years, but life is getting in the way and forcing a sale (new house, starting a family, etc.).

I used the car as a daily driver for several years and also for autocross and hillclimb. It is caged and logbooked and is very competitive in SCCA SM class. Lots of upgrades and I have meticulously maintained the car. I am the second owner of this car and have service records and part receipts going back to its purchase at the dealer. I know this car isn’t for everyone as the cage does limit its use somewhat, but it really is a great car that you can drive all week and race on the weekends. I hate to see it go, but hopefully it can find a good home.

163k miles on Car
18k miles on Engine

Engine/Drivetrain
2007 WRX 2.5L
VF39 Turbo
Larger Top Mount Intercooler
TurboXS 4” Downpipe
Tubro XS Catless Stealthback System
STi Axle Back
Hayward and Scott Axle back included (Was on when NA, sounds great, and is built very well, needs flange installed to be used)
Secondary Air System Deleted
Cobb Accessport V2 with Stage 3 Tune loaded (362hp)
All CEL codes associated to Sec. Air and Cat disabled with Accessport, passes emissions inspection without issues
Mishimoto Aluminum Radiator
Group N Engine and Trans Mounts
Fidanza Flywheel
ACT HD Pressure Plate
Exedy Clutch Disc
Braided Clutch Line
STi Short Shifter
2007 WRX Trans and Rear

Chassis/Suspension
Sparco FIA cage installed by Rallispec
SCCA Logbook
Sparco Front Strut Tower Brace
Racecomp Engineering V2 Coilovers (independently adjustable for compression and rebound) with Camber Plates
Whiteline Bump Steer Correction Kit
Whiteline Offset Front Control Arm Bushings
Whiteline Steering Rack Bushings
STi Front Sway Bar with Perrin end links
Whiteline adjustable rear sway bar (20-24mm) with Perrin End Links
Cobb Heavy Duty Rear Sway bar mounts included, but not installed
Group N Lateral Link Bushings
Whiteline Subframe Bushings
All Wheel Bearings replaced within last 5k miles

Brakes/Wheels/Tires
Brembo Rotors with Hawk HP+ pads all around, with less than 5k miles
Goodridge Braided Lines
ATE Super Blue Fluid
Stock Gold 5 spokes with Kumho SPT Tires (less than 10k miles)
Kosei K1, 15x7 with 225 Kumho V710 – super light wheels, a few autocrosses left on the tires
15” Steel wheels with Blizzak snow tires – 4 in very good shape with lots of tread, one brand new spare mounted on new wheel

Interior
Rear seats and trim panels gutted per SM rules. Still has radio, and A/C if you are looking for a little more weight savings.
Prosport Boost, Oil Pressure and EGT gauges in dash pod
Sparco Sprint V Driver Seat (will include stock seat as well)
FIA certified harness good until 2016 on Driver’s side, older harness on Passenger side, good for street and autocross
Almost new OEM 2.5RS Embroidered Floor Mats

The Bad
It is a 15 year old car so there are numerous stone chips on the front end.
The hood scoop and vents are peeling. I do have a spare set to go with the car, but they are peeling as well.
Normal rust on quarters and a-pillar. Passenger side was repaired, but is starting to bubble again. Passenger quarter is slightly off in color from the rest of the car from when it was repaired after the car was hit in 2009. I was considering bigger wheels/tires and flares for next year, and was going to cut out the rust. Would be the “cheap”, easy way to fix it and give you the option for bigger rubber.

Pricing
$7,500

I will include all the spare wheels and spare/stock parts for full asking price. Please no tire kickers and serious buyers only. Delivery is available within reason. Buyer to pay expenses.

I can be contacted via PM, email, or phone (email me for my number). rdh2 at alum dot lehigh dot edu

I have the spare, jack, and trunk carpet in my basement. Also have a sound deadening pad to put in the back seat area when street driving.

Apparently the odometer screen didn’t like the recent cold weather.

Left quarter rust

Right quarter, harder to see small rust spots

Passenger A pillar

Hood Scoop

Stone Chips

Here are some “action” shots so you can imagine the possibilities. (Novice stripes are removed and numbers are magnetic)

Picture from previous owner. Lots of range in racing you can do.

·
Registered
1998 2.5 RS
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Added new pictures. Weather didn't cooperate to be able to wash it but at least took it outside to take some pictures.

·
Registered
2000 Impreza 2.5RS BRP
141 Posts
LOL. I love how many of the old SCCA Logbooked cars still had the interior :) My Rally RX7 was the same way. It was a rally car with the full interior :)

Clean car. It only needs about 10 bars and a few gussets to make the cage legal for NASA Rally. And I think you need nothing extra for hill climbs.
So its a good deal overall.

What are the knobs by the shifter? (Behind it).

Bump.

·
Registered
1998 2.5 RS
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. It is legal for SCCA time trial level 4 (AKA Hillclimbs). The interior has to be there for Street Mod classification.

The knob is for the Hella lights as shown in the last picture (I don't have them anymore, but the wiring is still there that you could add them. I think I still have the mount for them as well.) The two other switches are power and record for the data logger that I used to have in the car, but could be repurposed for other needs.

·
Registered
2000 rs2.5/96 brighton ej20
110 Posts
I would so trade you my rs2.5 and my ej20g swapped Brighton haha amazing car. Free bump!

·
Registered
Cheap Kitchens
1,905 Posts
my lcd display cracked to hell just like that, fair price for the condition glws bump

·
Registered
0 Posts
Great car! If this is still availble in early March when i get my bonus I will purchase at the $8000 price point with the transmission swap.

This car is done exactly how I need for what I want to do. Just need the tranny and AC working. Will be in contact hopefully if still avaiable in 4 weeks.

·
Registered
1998 2.5 RS
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You wouldn't believe it but I just got rid of one of those 2 years ago. It was nowhere near as nice as yours though. Unfortunately I am reducing the fleet or I would have jumped at that.

UPDATE: Sale Pending

·
Registered
11 Posts
You wouldn't believe it but I just got rid of one of those 2 years ago. It was nowhere near as nice as yours though. Unfortunately I am reducing the fleet or I would have jumped at that.

UPDATE: Sale Pending
Yeah I remember your sale thread a while ago on 914 world. Just figured I'd throw it out there.

Good luck with the car, sounds like a lot of fun.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.