Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
93 impreza
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 93 impreza 5spd fwd that has recently locked up. One of my buddies is trying to sell me a ej20 out of his 02 Wrx. I was wondering what all I needed to make this work.

·
Registered
01 Impreza 2.5RS, 95 Civic VX
3,762 Posts
Complete engine, all, turbo parts, complete front bulk harness(everything from under the dash to the headlight), ecu, front subframe etc.....

·
Registered
93 impreza
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i have all turbo/ etc from my current running ej18 stock turbo. so basiically what i would need is harness and ecu

·
Registered
1999 RSTi coupe
402 Posts
Read that list in the link that Joshua posted. That is what I went by when I did mine. Also, are you keeping the stock transmission? If so, you'll want to upgrade your clutch as well.

If you are planning on keeping your stock dash then you need to merge both your stock and the WRX bulkhead harnesses. If you are swapping a WRX dash then you can forgo the wire merge and will need an entire WRX bulkhead, engine harness and fuel pump controller. You will also need to swap out your front crossmember with one from either a WRX wagon or earlier legacygt . WRX sedan crossmember you'll have to use washers since the track for the control arms are a little it wider.

·
Registered
93 impreza
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Read that list in the link that Joshua posted. That is what I went by when I did mine. Also, are you keeping the stock transmission? If so, you'll want to upgrade your clutch as well.

If you are planning on keeping your stock dash then you need to merge both your stock and the WRX bulkhead harnesses. If you are swapping a WRX dash then you can forgo the wire merge and will need an entire WRX bulkhead, engine harness and fuel pump controller. You will also need to swap out your front crossmember with one from either a WRX wagon or earlier legacygt . WRX sedan crossmember you'll have to use washers since the track for the control arms are a little it wider.
i plan on using the same transmission and the same dash. my cross member is already notched so i was wondering if i could still use that. but how hard is the wire merge to do?

·
Registered
2000 Impreza 2.5RS BRP
3,555 Posts
The wire merge is time consuming, tedious, and if you are not good at keeping track of wiring diagrams and soldering/splicing wires I would recommend you send it somewhere. Once you install the harness, you will not want to have to pull it out to troubleshoot bad connections or crossed wires.

If you're using a stock WRX header and up pipe with your added turbo, you should be fine to reuse your notched crossmember.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts