Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, So we have been trying to complete a swap, a 2.5 rs with the stock motor. old one had a spun bearing. We are having trouble with getting the motor in right. We can not get the motor to butt up against the trans. If any of you have any tips to get it in right, please help, pics help a ton but notes do fine.
email me at [email protected]

or post or pm me.

·
Premium Member
2002 2.5 RS-T
2,960 Posts
Ok, So we have been trying to complete a swap, a 2.5 rs with the stock motor. old one had a spun bearing. We are having trouble with getting the motor in right. We can not get the motor to butt up against the trans. If any of you have any tips to get it in right, please help, pics help a ton but notes do fine.
email me at [email protected]

or post or pm me.

ahhaha man every weekend someone posts this question...but sounds like you're in the middle of the install so i'll cut you some slack :mamoru:

from my experiance:

basicly it just takes time man...be patient...it helps to take the pitch stop off and jack up the tranny as high as you can....then drop it in at a bit of an angle....try to line up the bottum first and get it in...then drop the tranny a little, slowly of course, and just work the engine in.....dont forget to grease up the spline a little bit....

but yeah...big thing is just to be patient and dont get frustrated...it'll go in eventually ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update, Ok we have the motor in and it runs, now the clutch is all funky, it goes straight to the floor when any kind of pressure is applied. all lines are hooked up properly and the fluid is full. noooo clue, anything is help with it at this point.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts