Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

Swap Electrical Testing

640 views 14 replies 3 participants last post by  camaroz1985 
What swap? Probably not because if you don't have a motor you don't have engine grounds. No engine grounds, nothing is going to work right.

psh, i dont have a motor....just grounded all of hte wires to the chassis...no biggy.

Yes, you cant test much, but you can test that there aren't any major problems like shorts. My car is wired (by me) (awaiting my built engine) and i put the battery in and tested the ECU, fuel pump, lights etc.
Did you wire a WRX ECU?

It's easy to check. Pull the resistor out and see if there is a piece of metal making noise. Kind of like a dead light blub. You can actually fix it. If you cut it open you can solder the part that came off back on. You are getting different voltage at the FPC because it's doing it's job. It's modulating the ground so that your fuel pump does less work at idle and when you hit the gas it will dump more fuel.

As far as the immoblilizer you could hook up an LED to the security light wire from it. But it will turn on the fuel pump when you put the key on, however the pump will stop a few seconds later.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.