Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2000 2.5Rs Charcoal Grey
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It all started a couple of years back when I was shopping for my first car. My ideal car was a 1998 2.5rs. Well it ended up that I bought a Honda Civic 4rd Se. Now I got rear ended with this car, I got kids that kicked my door, I got a girl that hit me in the parking lot, then I saw my mirror was torn apart after just stepping in the apartment for 5 min and 1 year an a half ago got my window busted and got my sound system stolen.

That when I decided to say that's enough I might as well start drinking to forget :drunk:. But then I said no lets by my 2.5rs right now it should be around 10K and that when I started to look around, and it ended up that after 2 weeks or research I found a 2002 WRB WRX Wagon. I got it for a crazy good deal 1 year and a half ago. Got it for 11k, that's 12.5k tax included (Canadian money).

I was sure it would take me at least a couple of month to find something decent at a reasonable price, specially that I'm not in a big city like Toronto or anything like that. So it was my baby and I bought 2.5 rs gold rim for it, change the suspension and brakes (Nothing fancy). And guess what on July 13th it got totaled. :bonk: I'm cursed, but at least I'm not in fault and there giving me 12800$ for my car.

Now I had to drive a Yaris, god help me. So I started to shop around again and found this 2.5 Rs 1.5 hours from where I live. New paint job from 2 months ago, no mods, pretty much stock with new tires and was owned by a lady. A guy bought it and used it for 2 months, did the paint job bought the tire and change the oil pan on it.

Went there, checked the car, everything looks good and bought the car for 6k, around 6.6k with tax. So now I can't be more then happy and you guys will see me more often on the forum. Please wish me good luck with this one :noes:

Enjoy the pics!!

P.S. in the pics I didn't had time to do the vacuum, sorry.

First here's my old baby

Here's my baby after the accident :curse: old lady that can do a proper stop

Pics from the add

Pics of the car now, nothing changed other then the inside is a little bit more clean and I will wash it next week when I'm in vacation.

·
Registered
77 Posts
zomg lol I work for the kentville post office! That's the intersection of exhibition and cornwallis (aka the smashup section lol) there's been so many accidents there just this summer alone! (I deliver parcels! :p)

Sucks for the wrx wagon, +1 for the RS! Woo!

I'm just glad I didn't drive by at the time, I know I would of either cried, or caused another accident lol.

I might have stopped and consoled you though. ("There there....")

·
Registered
MY99 OBS
1,690 Posts
whoa the engine bay needs some cleaning, is that rust? Besides that it looks really good, how does it run? Did she have the maintenance done regularly? What plans do you have for it? you still got like 6-7k left, swap, brakes, suspension? Paint looks good! Nice find!

·
Registered
2000 2.5Rs Charcoal Grey
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
nicccce ... pretty cool color, like a smoked grey?
Yeah it's a charcoal grey

Sucks to hear what happened to the wagon, but nice new ride.
That looks more dirty than my car and I go off-roading alot :lol:

what exactly happened in that accident, she failed to stop ?
Well I was going straight and she did her stop but then she started to do a left turn really slowly and I could not stop in time.

You should buy back the WRX wagon and do a swap.
I was thinking of buying back the wagon I have to see how much they want for it

zomg lol I work for the kentville post office! That's the intersection of exhibition and cornwallis (aka the smashup section lol) there's been so many accidents there just this summer alone! (I deliver parcels! :p)

Sucks for the wrx wagon, +1 for the RS! Woo!

I'm just glad I didn't drive by at the time, I know I would of either cried, or caused another accident lol.

I might have stopped and consoled you though. ("There there....")
I would had appreciated if you would have stopped, any Subaru member would have been nice. But let just say that I had a lot of support from all my friends. I was there for a paintball tournament (APBL) at the time and I missed the first game because of this :(

whoa the engine bay needs some cleaning, is that rust? Besides that it looks really good, how does it run? Did she have the maintenance done regularly? What plans do you have for it? you still got like 6-7k left, swap, brakes, suspension? Paint looks good! Nice find!
No there is not rust on the car at all, just needs a good cleaning that I will do next week. As far as what I will do to the car I will get the window re-tinted in the back because the tint is really bad. And then I will probably do the brakes and remove the hitch. Then I will check my option for better handling. Probably a new sway bar in the back.

But thanks for your support everyone :)

·
Registered
2000 2.5Rs Charcoal Grey
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah not sure if I will do the swap yet, it's my daily driver so I can't really go and do a swap like I want. Maybe something for the future. right now I will put my limited budget on the handling of the car and maintenance.

·
Registered
2000 2.5Rs Charcoal Grey
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I love that color

too bad Subaru don't offer that color here in states.
It's not the factory color, the previous owner bought the car and repainted the car because it was originally white and he didn't like the color. He only owned the car for 2 months, so the paint is like 2 months old.

·
Registered
2000 2.5Rs Charcoal Grey
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well first will be to clean it :p then probably remove that darn hitch. I need to fix the driver door because a cable inside the door cam of or somthing when they tried to unlock the door when the previouse owner forgot the keys in the car and now that door will not unlock unless I open the passanger door and use the unlock from inside the car. Then I have to fix the trunk that will not open with the liver inside the car, it moves and everything and it's not on the safety so I just need to figur out if the cable is not pulling hard enough.

Then I will probably change the swaybars. Not sure what are my option for that I don't know if there as good as the normal WRX or anything like that, the front feels ok but the bag feels a tad weird.

Other then that probably break and for power I'm not sure right now, because it's my daily driver I need the car to be reliable. Sure there is less power them my WRX but it's full to have the power always there available.

·
Registered
2000 RS
1,041 Posts
i dig; it reminds me of my own purchase back in the day, cept mine was black

·
Registered
2000 2.5Rs Charcoal Grey
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Oh and probably going to change the horn for a Hella horn. Still have to shop for that, you guys have any idea where it would be the cheapest?

·
Registered
'02 PSM 2.5 RS
1,688 Posts
Looks good, and the color is great! Definitely clean that engine ASAP, unless you want to buy back the WRX and swap.

You should consider changing the bumper to a USDM style one or a 22B replica. That would really make the car look a lot more aggressive and it is a pretty cheap and easy mod. I prefer a bigger spoiler too, but that's no big deal. Some rims and tires would really improve the looks and performance of it.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts