Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1997 impreza outback sport, and I have a set
Of 04 WRX spring/strut assembly laying around. My question is will these bolt in or will I need to swap the top hats? What exactly needs to be done? I'm sure this question has been asked before. So if you're
Response is to search it out, don't post up. I'm using my
Phone and it won't let me search for some damn reason.
Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

·
Registered
2000 RS SRP(RIP), 97 OBWRXS
2,523 Posts
you should be able to use them in one of two ways, you can either elongate one of the rear holes in the car and it should work that way, if not you can find a pair of 91 legacy turbo tophats, they will fit the top of the springs right and also have the same 3 bolt pattern as the car rear strut mounts are, the front will bolt up fine, the rears are what gonna give you a problem

·
'MURRICA!
Hybrid Camry
5,700 Posts
Drilling is really the easier option. It's only ~1/2" off. Then you dont have to deal with spring compressors, and taking everything apart, and stripped bolts, and all that jazz.

·
'MURRICA!
Hybrid Camry
5,700 Posts
WRX suspension is cheaper and easier to come by in the used market than GC suspension due to the fact that there are exactly eleventybajillion more WRX's than pre-02 Imprezas on the road (and a higher percentage being modified).

Though in hindsight I now see that the OP was swapping on stock WRX suspension, so I too ask why?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Im swapping WRX struts w Tein lowering springs.
I just want a little lower and some better handling without breaking the bank. My WRX does that enough as is, and yes I'm getting the suspension for free
When I swap coilovers on to my friends 04 WRX.
I'm definitely open to suggestions for running something different. Nothing is set in stone.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.