Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2010 WRX Hatch Limited
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey I'm looking at doing a "barebones" sti swap (engine, tranny, brakes, and necessary equipment) and was wondering if i am still able to use coil overs for a 2.5 rs or if i need to use different ones. i have a 2000 2.5 rs coupe bone stock. first subbie swap i have ever even thought about attempting. looking to use sport control pros. any input or advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
99 rustbox
1,042 Posts
you need to have GC top hats. STi top hats from the GD chassis will not work. If you have coilovers that fit 01 and down, they will work with your rs.

have you started your swap yet or what? definitely read more if your having trouble with this......

·
Registered
2010 WRX Hatch Limited
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no havent started yet. was just wondering. as of right now im still looking for a decent donr car.
as far as the engine swap i dont have any concerns. its mainly the suspension that ive had any questions on. to be honest i havent really done much with suspension...ever...so alot of that is still new to me. thanks for the answer

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.