Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't know yet what all the mechanicals are, but this little pup kicks butt.

I blew away all kinds of cars today as I was toodling around town. It got a Maxima's attention, a couple of rice burners, some big block american cars (caddies, etc.) and left one punk ass driving about a 68 buick GSX sitting at the light scratching his head and sitting there dumbfounded.

It's a lot quicker than I'd expected.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My daughters SUS really does move, but my wife's Outback LTD just wallows around at low end. I think her driving style has just got the chip programmed to just move slow and not perform.

If I got it away from her for a few weeks it would probably run a lot of better. She's complaining that she doesn't like the sound of the K&N filter I put in, which really did make a difference.

I've also got an OBS with ram air and a few other things (no chip), and it'll beat my wife's car, but not my daughter's.

Oh well

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've been working real hard to get the SUS lowered a bit. First stage went well, got the Dunlop SP5000's in 205/55 15. They dropped the car about 1.5 inches. They did cause about a 5 mph error in the speedometer, but it's on the good side, reading higher than actually going.

Now I'm trying to find a set of coils to drop another 1.5 inches or so, and thought I had my choice made until I read a thread that none of the normal coil makers really have the right coils unless you buy a full coil over set.

Right now I can go for about $300, but not $800 or more.

Does anybody know of a "for certain" that a set of reasonable coils is available?

Also I can't seem to find out what the current spring rate is to compare against a new set. I think it's around 170 in the front and about 150 in the rear but I'm not sure.

HELP!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts