Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After work today I went through the mail and found my new issue of superstreet. I was pleasantly suprised to find a subaru on the front and upon further inspection of the magazine I found 6 articles on the wrx and several product reviews. For once I was happy to see more subarus in the magazine than hondas.....to bad they didn't have a couple gc8's in there but beggers can be choosers I suppose. Just something that made me happy after a shitty day at work.:D

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
I found 6 articles on the wrx and several product reviews
let me guess, the AEM intake was dubbed "tight" and the had a dyno graph showing a whoping 40 wheel hp (which translates to 165bhp of course) for the APC euro tails over stock.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HAHA
No, I have no idea if they even covered aem. I got home flipped through and tossed it to the side since I had to get ready to head off to night classes. I do find it rather amusing that NOT ONE person is buying the altezza tails on ebay. That great!:D I'm sure if anyone IS purchasing them they are doing it manufacturer direct that way no one can look up their name on ebay and harass them. Which is what I would do.;)

·
Registered
502 Posts
10th Warrior said:
let me guess, the AEM intake was dubbed "tight" and the had a dyno graph showing a whoping 40 wheel hp (which translates to 165bhp of course) for the APC euro tails over stock.
??? are you dissing super street? One of the best import mags on the newsstand buddy.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah no kidding, superstreet is one of the best. Infact it's about the only one I ever seen subarus in.

·
Registered
26,087 Posts
HighTachPres said:
??? are you dissing super street? One of the best import mags on the newsstand buddy.
super street being a good import mag, you guys kidding me right?

·
Registered
26,087 Posts
scrubaru said:
Yeah no kidding, superstreet is one of the best. Infact it's about the only one I ever seen subarus in.
Sports Compact Car actually had a project impreza a while ago. maybe 4 years now. i know you knew that right?

·
Registered
502 Posts
JZ oo7 said:
super street being a good import mag, you guys kidding me right?
I used to have the same frame of mind as you.... till my hardcore racing buddy told me to take another look. Very good techs

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
i have never been impressed with anything i have ever seen in superstreet. that mag is about a ricer as it gets. SCC does some good stuff, though they've been getting away from the numbers since the new editor came on board which is a shame. if i wanted to read about how alledgedly fast a car was and how good it felt, i'd read evo (and do on occasion, which just makes me hate the english more). its nice when they actually dyno engines, run a variety of tests, and dicuss in detail the math and physics (well, really, they're one in the same) behind how things are working.

·
Premium Member
2000 Subaru Impreza RS coupe -
2,362 Posts
The WRX in there is Greg Lilly's (a Houston native)
Very cool guy. He does a lot for TXIC.

But about SuperStreet... I'm not a fan. For on thing, they screwed up a lot of things on Greg's WRX. And I also agree that it is way too ricey for me.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Import Tuner and HCI are wayyyy worse than superstreet when it comes to rice. Sport Compact Car isn't too bad....That would be my favorite.

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
Import Tuner and HCI
i've never had any desire to even touch one of those. AFA car mags go, if there is ever a scantily clad woman on the cover, its time to turn elsewhere. i did get caught out by a british mag called Redline IIRC. that was british rice through and through. but at least they took the whole scantily clad woman thing to the next level: they had an aritcle on "how to change your oil" and in the pictures demonstrating accompanying the article was some brit pron star giving you the full monte as she checked her dipstick and then proceded to smear Mobil 1 all over her tits.

·
Premium Member
2000 Subaru Impreza RS coupe -
2,362 Posts
10th Warrior said:
but at least they took the whole scantily clad woman thing to the next level: they had an aritcle on "how to change your oil" and in the pictures demonstrating accompanying the article was some brit pron star giving you the full monte as she checked her dipstick and then proceded to smear Mobil 1 all over her tits.
Haha, cool. It should either be all or none!

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Import Tuner, Super Street, HCI...etc all have asian girls all through their mags. I hate that........I'm not one for the "asian persuasion," not trying to offend anyone that is. I have seen redline and max power, now they have nice looking girls if that's what you buy a car mag for. However if you actually want to read up on product reviews, dyno charts, and hp you need to look somewhere else. I did come across one magazine called "banzai" that seem to cater more toward subaru owners. They are always doing group dyno testings and the like. Couple issues ago they had an impreza club in there doing tests. That magazine is a fave of mine also, if you can stomach shelling out $8.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I just thought of this and wanted to post it.
You know what the absolute WORST thing about superstreet is?
That jackass Ricky Chu's obsession with that sharon sotto girl. I cant stand that crap....she's all through that damn magazine and it always says "sharon call ricky"
He needs to just face the facts that he doesn't stand a chance in hell of ever hooking up with her and the sooner he comes to that realization the sooner they can take that damn crap out of that magazine!!!!!:curse:

SHE'S NEVER GOING TO CALL!!!

whewww......much better:D

anyone share my opinion on that ..........just curious

·
Registered
32 Posts
I am an avid reader of Sport Compact Car, great magazine. Yet I have to say that my favorite magazine, that I recently started reading is Rally XS. This magazine is all about WRC and has the most beautiful pictures I have ever seen in a magazine. It is hard to get, but man is it worth it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts