Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
check this out... superchager kit.

http://www.raptorsc.com.au/kits.php?id=20

I know this has been discussed before, but it looks like its going to be ready soon..

i just got off the phone to the guy, the kit will be ready in 4 weeks they are just waiting on all their parts to arrive. they apparently have bulk kits available aswell. it is designed for a stock engine, and comes with complete pre programmed MoTec management!! It is really upgradeable, he said a kid can install it with all the instrauctions, and costs $4500 (Australian) shipped>???

· Registered
17,115 Posts
I'd go the SC route if I had a more sturdy block... and maybe if the price came down a little. I'd rather go ej20 swap if I was going to spend that much money, or at least a custom turbo build on a ej257 block. More power and more reliability.

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think i am gonna do it. (if the kit is legitimately ready in 4 weeks)

Just got a little bonus from work, and have been looking at either a swap or something like this... i like the idea of it being easy and unique.

Anyone have an idea on how much a Motec system would cost buy itself??

· Meany Head
2000 RSC
13,908 Posts
If you really are interested in that kit, there was a thread started in here somewhere by a shop that does SC installs on high-end cars. They were offering some sort of discount for using your car as a guinea pig. They seemed like a pretty reputable shop. Might be worth looking at.

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
^^^
thanks guys.

Ha as for using my car as a guinea pig, i guess it sounds pretty cool. but id prefer to work on it myself, that is half the fun.

I think i like the idea of a motec system. so i might go with the raptorsc kit, if it is ready.
otherwise,

Madmax... you willing to ship overseas? ha/ and where did you get your headers from??

· Registered
my00 RS
365 Posts
^^^
thanks guys.

Ha as for using my car as a guinea pig, i guess it sounds pretty cool. but id prefer to work on it myself, that is half the fun.

I think i like the idea of a motec system. so i might go with the raptorsc kit, if it is ready.
otherwise,

Madmax... you willing to ship overseas? ha/ and where did you get your headers from??
Maybe if your willing to pay for shipping costs lol.

The headers are from XCCELERATION/TWE. http://www.rs25.com/classifieds/showproduct.php/product/26219/cat/500

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.