Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
check this out... superchager kit.

http://www.raptorsc.com.au/kits.php?id=20

I know this has been discussed before, but it looks like its going to be ready soon..

i just got off the phone to the guy, the kit will be ready in 4 weeks they are just waiting on all their parts to arrive. they apparently have bulk kits available aswell. it is designed for a stock engine, and comes with complete pre programmed MoTec management!! It is really upgradeable, he said a kid can install it with all the instrauctions, and costs $4500 (Australian) shipped>???

·
Registered
99 Impreza RS rally blue pearl
705 Posts
4,500 is pricey but not completely ridiculous. Motec is dope stuff, just upgrade internals when you go higher boost.

·
Registered
12,196 Posts
I'd go the SC route if I had a more sturdy block... and maybe if the price came down a little. I'd rather go ej20 swap if I was going to spend that much money, or at least a custom turbo build on a ej257 block. More power and more reliability.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think i am gonna do it. (if the kit is legitimately ready in 4 weeks)

Just got a little bonus from work, and have been looking at either a swap or something like this... i like the idea of it being easy and unique.

Anyone have an idea on how much a Motec system would cost buy itself??

·
Meany Head
2000 RSC
10,236 Posts
If you really are interested in that kit, there was a thread started in here somewhere by a shop that does SC installs on high-end cars. They were offering some sort of discount for using your car as a guinea pig. They seemed like a pretty reputable shop. Might be worth looking at.

·
Registered
my00 RS
327 Posts
my custom SC kit is for sale and it was proven to work on my rs for years. its in the classified, if you really interested in the SC route.

MadMax

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
^^^
thanks guys.

Ha as for using my car as a guinea pig, i guess it sounds pretty cool. but id prefer to work on it myself, that is half the fun.

I think i like the idea of a motec system. so i might go with the raptorsc kit, if it is ready.
otherwise,

Madmax... you willing to ship overseas? ha/ and where did you get your headers from??

·
Registered
my00 RS
327 Posts
^^^
thanks guys.

Ha as for using my car as a guinea pig, i guess it sounds pretty cool. but id prefer to work on it myself, that is half the fun.

I think i like the idea of a motec system. so i might go with the raptorsc kit, if it is ready.
otherwise,

Madmax... you willing to ship overseas? ha/ and where did you get your headers from??
Maybe if your willing to pay for shipping costs lol.

The headers are from XCCELERATION/TWE. http://www.rs25.com/classifieds/showproduct.php/product/26219/cat/500

1 - 12 of 12 Posts