Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay, as most of you know we made the first attempt at installing the supercharger kit on Saturday. It took a long time to deal with a couple of issues, but the long and the short of it is that I have to deal with two issues. Other than that it ran fine on the car at idle.

1. The idler pulley has to be redesigned. It is in the correct location, but the way that the machinist attached it to the bracket allows too much flex. So after a minute or so at idle the belt would begin sliding back and scoot upon the edge of the other pulleys. This is a pretty minor problem and I hope to have it solved in the next week or so.

2. I have an oil leak in either the filter relocation bracket, or in the "t" for the oil pressure sender. I have to get under the car sometime today (hopefully it will stop raining) and find this.

The good news is that the blower emits the most wicked sound ever heard under the hood of a Subaru. It isn't too loud, it isn't whiny, it is just mean. When it was first started, pretty much everyone in the garage looked at each other a smiled because of the sound. Jerry looked up and announced to everyone that the sound gave him wood. It was the non verbal equivalent of the car saying to the atmosphere "gimme some air now bitch." Very nice. I can't wait to sort the other two issues out and send out a wav file of it for all of you to hear. I may have to post it in the restricted forum here because of the sexual content. Yes, it sounds THAT good.

I will keep you all informed. Thanks for all the support so many of you have given me over the last year.

And James, thank you for this board.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Ooooh... it sounded nice. Like a Hoover with a bad bearing kinda nice... I love it.

Now, to straighten out the idler pully problem and tune the bish!

Then it's on to SC'ing my 3.3! Muahahah!

·
Registered
1995 AWD Brilliant Red Subaru
723 Posts
LOL. "It was the non verbal equivalent of the car saying to the atmosphere "gimme some air now bitch." You remind me of my friend. Anyways, Nice to hear. I am glad to see and hopefully hear the progress. I think we need a forum "YAY!" for this.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts