Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1994 L Wagon Grey
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, my unit is going sidemounted. So where does the idler pully go? General area should be enough.

-Neal

·
Registered
my00 RS
327 Posts
mine was on a bracket that got screwed into the stering pump. So i had to remove the ST pulley and install this bracket which had the idler on it.

Hope that helps.

MadMax

·
Registered
1994 L Wagon Grey
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
can you take a picture of the location of the pully. I wanna get an idea of where to mount mine visually if all possible

·
Registered
my00 RS
327 Posts
opps sorry i meant the steering pump pulley. i'll see if i can find the pic of it, but being that it was on the i-club that might be hard.

if not ill see what i can do to get a pic.

·
Registered
my00 RS
327 Posts
I found the thread but the pic was missing, prob due to it being an old thread or the whole i-club/devision issue.

Anyway I added a crude drawing which i will try to explain, a pic is useless when the piece is installed in the car, it is impossible to get a good shot of it.

If you see the pic below, there is a hole up top, and the idler near the bottom. The side shows how it mounts to the steering pump, the pulley from the steering pump goes after the hole. you remove the pulley from the shaft coming off the steering pump, then there are two bolts there you remove and use to hold the plate down. the you put the pulley back on.

This is the best i can do hope it helps.
remember the s/c has to follow the way the engine goes i dont remember is it is clockwise or counter, just turn you engine on and see which why the pulleys turn. Also the belt has to go over all the accessories.

·
Registered
1994 L Wagon Grey
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:sunny: Awsome, this will work great. Thanks alot.Now to get it made and I am one step closer. Thanks
-Neal

·
Registered
my00 RS
327 Posts
Neal,

I actually looked at the plate this weekend. And it had two idler pulleys on it, so on the about pic put another idler to the left of the bottom one.

To give you an idea of how mysetup is this is how the belt goes. Starting at crank pulley, then over to the left most idler pulley on the plate, around the s/c pulley, then over to the steering pump pulley then down to the other idler pulley then over to the alternator and back down to the crank.

hope this helps in the visual.
MadMax

·
Registered
1994 L Wagon Grey
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
coo coo, thanks for the info. right now I am waiting for some adapter plates to get made then I am going to refocus on the idler pully placement and the bracket to hold the blower in place. Ug, so close yet sooooooo far away :rolleyes: :p :nuetron: :D

·
Registered
1994 L Wagon Grey
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I ended up with a m62 of a Mercedes Kompressor.

but right now, I am on wits end with the kit. Once things are starting to come togeather. heh, I loose my hookup to make the FMIC and to MIL the 2 brakcets I need :mad: :rolleyes: oh well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts