Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
00 2.5 RS BRP Sedan
3,239 Posts
basically all you need to do is cut out a peice of flat sheet metal the same size as the hole..

there isn't really a demand for that part because anyone skilled enought to shave a sunroof can get a flat peice of sheetmetal for next to nothing.

--

straightening a roofskin sounds like a shitty laborious job, tho..

+1 for the roofskin

·
Premium Member
overdeveloped beater
8,335 Posts
That only takes care of the outside. To do it right, the interior would need to be changed as well....

·
Registered
05 OBP STi
427 Posts
I just removed my sunroof, it wasnt bad at all. I used Lord Fusor 108B metal adhesive (epoxy) and followed the instruction on their website. I cut the old roof off about an inch from the side edges and just inside of the front and rear supports. then i got a whole roof w/ headliner from a junk yard. i removed the headliner and cut the new roof off just around the side under where the molding will hide. Removed all the paint of the over lapping surfaces, applied adhesive, clamped roof on, and BAM looks like there was never a sunroof before!

·
Registered
99 RS coupe
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just removed my sunroof, it wasnt bad at all. I used Lord Fusor 108B metal adhesive (epoxy) and followed the instruction on their website. I cut the old roof off about an inch from the side edges and just inside of the front and rear supports. then i got a whole roof w/ headliner from a junk yard. i removed the headliner and cut the new roof off just around the side under where the molding will hide. Removed all the paint of the over lapping surfaces, applied adhesive, clamped roof on, and BAM looks like there was never a sunroof before!
seems like a lot of work, roof skins seems the best way to do it if there isnt a "bolt in" one on the market.

·
Registered
2006 Impreza WRX Limited
2,603 Posts
pop-rivets.

·
Registered
05 OBP STi
427 Posts
seems like a lot of work, roof skins seems the best way to do it if there isnt a "bolt in" one on the market.
same method as a roof skin, just instead of drilling a zillion spot welds, i cut and 'glued' the skin on, and for about $250 cheaper.

·
Registered
00 2.5 RS BRP Sedan
3,239 Posts
same method as a roof skin, just instead of drilling a zillion spot welds, i cut and 'glued' the skin on, and for about $250 cheaper.
that's what we do in my body shop, too..

we'll put one spot weld in each corner, but other than that the panel bond is freaking great...

really strong stuff

·
Registered
05 OBP STi
427 Posts
heres a pic from the back. the back edge of the original roof had to be sliced and pushed forward slightly in order to fit the new skin over it because both front and back edges face outward.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts