Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay everyone, I would like to get some feed back.

1. Rims: I have a black 99 RS, with stock rims. I have seen different options posted here. Has anyone put the gun metal color rims on a black car? opinions?

I think they look great on the sedona red (which is not the color I have).

2. Rear sway bar: I was thinking this would be the next item to add. I see some people having problems with the front ones, any opinions about the rear?

Thanks

Silver 2K RS Coupe
1,864 Posts
I just put on a Whiteline 20-24 rear bar with their drop links and the ALK. Awesome! It totally transformed the car. I can go 40 around corners now, with hardly any lean, and no tire squeel. (have 5zigen springs and AGX struts also)
It seems like the ALK wouldn't do much, but man, it really does.
I can't rave about these things enough.

If you are in So. Cal. you can drive it and see for yourself.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ampsarus said:
I just put on a Whiteline 20-24 rear bar with their drop links and the ALK. Awesome! It totally transformed the car. I can go 40 around corners now, with hardly any lean, and no tire squeel. (have 5zigen springs and AGX struts also)
It seems like the ALK wouldn't do much, but man, it really does.
I can't rave about these things enough.

If you are in So. Cal. you can drive it and see for yourself.
I like that idea. I wish I was in So. Cal. I figure I would learn from others.

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
with the stock suspension, i would recommend either the whiteline 18-22mm bar or the FHI 20mm (the same one used with our suspension in other countries). that gets rid of the understeer quite well. don't forget tires!

·
Registered
26,087 Posts
i have a whiteline 18-22mm rear sway bar for almost 2 years now. i had it on the 20mm set ever since. love it since day one. last time i looked at that bar, that bar wasn't blue anymore. it was black. hmmmm....

·
Registered
2001 Impreza RS BRP
1,359 Posts
I think the gun metal rims would look great on the black RS....but hey I really like that color rim too....

Sway bar...I have a rear adjustable that is really nice.. MRT I think...;)

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
10th Warrior said:
with the stock suspension, i would recommend either the whiteline 18-22mm bar or the FHI 20mm (the same one used with our suspension in other countries). that gets rid of the understeer quite well. don't forget tires!
Tires are the first thing I have in line.

I like the idea of getting rid of the understeer. I think I will check pricing for the whiteline. Any recommended vendors? This is saving me research time.

Thank you everyone. :)

·
Registered
26,087 Posts
i think i got mines from Primm Motorsports. they are great people. they support GCs

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys....I like this getting this kind of feedback.

I believe happy customers will refer people to good experiences. :)

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
heya gang... www.allsubaru.com (my day job)

has whiteline bars in stock...

i'll put an ad up in the classifieds, but the bars are 20-24mm adjustable and all that good stuff....

ping me if you want more info... or
lemme know if there are any questions... kay?
Jamie
www.subiegalracing.com

1 - 12 of 12 Posts