Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2001 2.5 RS
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought some 17x8.25s Sportmax XXR 527's on my 01 RS.......
NOW ITS TIME TO DUMP IT!

I wanna lower it so its not monster trucking, but still aggressive with the .25 offset.

Any one have good suggestions for quality coils without completely breaking my bank. I'm commuting about 20 miles a day to work and college, so i want some that are gonna be a smooth ride.

Also if someone can send me a good DIY thread on installing them.

Help me out! thanks!

[/IMG]

·
Registered
1998 2.5 RS, Brilliant Red
1,357 Posts

·
Detailing Guru
2000 RBP 2.5rs
1,193 Posts
Budget? If you are in the 1k budget it's all the same stuff. ISC's, BC's, D2's, etc. I've driven in plenty of cars with BC's and they aren't too bad but they aren't like some higher end coilover setups that ride like butter.

·
Registered
2001 2.5 RS
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey everyones a noob at some point.
Thanks guys! I was thinking about spending 700 to 1100 dollars.
I would really like to have a smooth ride over anything because I live in the northwest and the roads get super bad.

Hit me when you sell those! I wanna see your inverted set up.

·
anti vw.anti rota.
2000 GF, 2012 Ruckus
6,119 Posts
Budget? If you are in the 1k budget it's all the same stuff. ISC's, BC's, D2's, etc. I've driven in plenty of cars with BC's and they aren't too bad but they aren't like some higher end coilover setups that ride like butter.
Not quite. You can get a set of used Tein Flex's for ~$900-$1000.

OP: I suggest checking out used coilovers as well. There are some GC/GF/GM specific Tein Flex's on ebay currently for ~$900. I have Flex's and they give you loads of adjustablility as well decent ride quality (better than ISC, D2, Megan, etc).

·
Registered
1998 2.5 RS, Brilliant Red
1,357 Posts
Had Flex coilovers with EDFC on my del Sol, the adjustable range of dampening & height
was excellent, and ride quality was fine running full soft up front & halfway stiff in the rear on the public roads. They also were able to drop the car so low i had to use ramps to get it off the lift, LOL... didn't run like that for too long though, looked great & even handled fine, but every speed bump & driveway was an adventure.
I seem to recall reading a review of D2 coilovers in a mag which stated that they were made in the same factory as K&W coilovers and that they were just about the same quality (they visited the factory & observed the manufacturing process) but i don't remember exactly when & where i read that.

·
anti vw.anti rota.
2000 GF, 2012 Ruckus
6,119 Posts
Had Flex coilovers with EDFC on my del Sol, the adjustable range of dampening & height
was excellent, and ride quality was fine running full soft up front & halfway stiff in the rear on the public roads. They also were able to drop the car so low i had to use ramps to get it off the lift, LOL... didn't run like that for too long though, looked great & even handled fine, but every speed bump & driveway was an adventure.
I seem to recall reading a review of D2 coilovers in a mag which stated that they were made in the same factory as K&W coilovers and that they were just about the same quality (they visited the factory & observed the manufacturing process) but i don't remember exactly when & where i read that.
You mean like this? ;) I can still go lower too, just need different tires.

·
Registered
1999 impreza L
283 Posts
If you go over to nasioc i know DGR was having a sale on their coilovers it was 1000 for a set and had a lifetime warranty might want to check that out. I have a set of DGR's and they are not bad i still have to do some adjustments though

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.