Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
01 Forester
5,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know nothing about aftermarket driving lights so I am looking for suggestions as to some good long range driving lights. I drive a lot of country roads on the weekends and need something the can help me spot deer and other critters! I am thinking about keeping the stock fogs and doing something like this with the aftermarket lights.

·
Registered
2001 Impreza 2.5RS BRP
1,788 Posts
The answer you seek is hella FF1000's...they're like 74 bucks plus shipping on rallylights.com and I guarantee you'll love them or your money back. I bought them for the same reasons you want them and they project out so much more than stock high beams. Plus with a seperate switch you can run fogs+low beams+hella ff1000 driving lights so you'll see everything from 2 ft in front of your car to several hundred feet. They light up the signs nice too :)

·
The Silverback Mod
05 Black OBS
8,896 Posts
992.5RS said:
I know nothing about aftermarket driving lights so I am looking for suggestions as to some good long range driving lights. I drive a lot of country roads on the weekends and need something the can help me spot deer and other critters! I am thinking about keeping the stock fogs and doing something like this with the aftermarket lights.
One issue is 'fogs low ~ driving lights high'! You will get huge shadows with driving lights mounted that low ~ but it looks BAD! :sunny:

·
Registered
01 Forester
5,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
VolantGC8 said:
The answer you seek is hella FF1000's...they're like 74 bucks plus shipping on rallylights.com and I guarantee you'll love them or your money back. I bought them for the same reasons you want them and they project out so much more than stock high beams. Plus with a seperate switch you can run fogs+low beams+hella ff1000 driving lights so you'll see everything from 2 ft in front of your car to several hundred feet. They light up the signs nice too :)
I'll look into those.

·
06 Wrangler Unlimited
4,613 Posts
I installed some Hella 500 driving lights yesterday. I took it on a drive last night night to test them and I couldn't believe how bright they are. They seriously make the headlights look like crap.

·
Registered
99' Subaru Impreza 2.5 Rs
3,712 Posts
Hella FF1000's as mentioned above. I replaced my stock fogs with them though. I also put an hid kit in it. I can see everything with them.

·
Registered
STi swapped SF5, WTF?
2,933 Posts
Do the Hella FF1000s or 500s fit in the fog buckets on a version 4 bumper? I want some sort of driving lights for my new front end but don't want them in front of the radiator opening.

·
Registered
5,143 Posts
I was checking out the Hella FF1000s on rallylights.com, there are dirt cheap compared to regular price @ $85ish. I was thinking about getting some, but all they have is a driving beam and a pencil beam...Am I missing something??? I already have a set of the Hella 500 Driving pattern I picked up here on the cheap, and I didn't want 2 sets of AUX lights with the same pattern.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts