Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
00 WRX SWAP<<FOR-SALE + 03 WRX
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would be a reasonable price to sell my car for? i have 2000 RS 2-door, silver, 14x,xxx miles, JDM ver. 8 swap, 6-speed, brembo brakes, 02 wrx dash, 05 wrx seats, Fmic.... needs bodywork and paint which was my next step, no major body damage jus dings from when i bought the car...

·
Registered
00 2.5 RS BRP Sedan
3,239 Posts
$9k - $11k

those mods don't amount to anything unless you sell to another enthusiast that's as crazy about the car as you are.

I'd say for every $10 you put into a car in mods you can add $3 to the price - labor doesn't count

car is worth about $6-7k stock..

with all those goodies, right around $10k..

you'd prolly get the best selling price online... it's a pretty specific demographic that wants that particular modded car

·
Premium Member
'17 Impreza Sport, '15 OB 3.6R
9,806 Posts
My advice would be to please use more specific, coherent thread titles. I'll change yours this time.

·
James incognito
Black 06 STi & 07 Wagon
324 Posts
I'd also suggest you do the body work and paint. No matter how great of a swap it is, having a shitty looking car will impact your price more than anything else.

·
Premium Member
'98 RSTI, '14 XV Hybrid
2,955 Posts
If the car is in excellent condition, there is no reason why you shouldn't be able to put it on a subaru forum for around 16k+

The best bet would be trade it for an STI and then sell the STI if you wanted the money

·
Registered
04jbp STi, 93L+01 RS, 08 zx10R
478 Posts
If the car is in excellent condition, there is no reason why you shouldn't be able to put it on a subaru forum for around 16k+

The best bet would be trade it for an STI and then sell the STI if you wanted the money

And even then not many already STI owners want a swapped one, and would rather stick to theirs.

·
Premium Member
'98 RSTI, '14 XV Hybrid
2,955 Posts
And even then not many already STI owners want a swapped one, and would rather stick to theirs.
You would be surprised...

All the guys that I know that have STI's want to trade me or sell their cars and build a GC8

·
Registered
00 2.5 RS BRP Sedan
3,239 Posts
here is the price for a 2000 RS 2door off www.NADA.com :

Low Retail Clean Retail Value High Retail
TOTAL PRICE $4,550 $5,675* $6,450

(this is for dealers.. Retail cost is usually $500-$1000 more than private party value)

===============================

Here's www.KBB.com
(private party sell value) :

Condition Value
Excellent
$5,710

Good
$5,155

Fair
$4,440

==============================
$16k!! no way!

how would a motor and interior add +$10k to the value of this car??

houses gain equity.. not cars..

I'm sticking at $12k tops.. and that's almost +$6k added to the price for those mods!!

there's a sucker born every minute, but I wouldn't go over $12k for a 140k heavily modified car.

but all you need is 2 bidders who want it at the same time to drive up the price.

-

good luck! it's a cool car!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts