Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was just on a website the other day reading up on the RS's reviews from car mags and from people that had owned a subby and was suprised to see that alot of people thought that the impreza had a cheap interior. personally I find it to be better then most imports and all domestics of its class and has held up just fine over the years. What does everybody else say about thier own interior? Has it held up to the test of time? If not what problems have you faced with the interior (material/construction/durability)?

·
Registered
1999 2.5 RS Silver
333 Posts
its not bad, but could be better. All i know is I have tons of rattles with my new speakers :| (and many attempts to deaden them with dynamat and pillow stuffing )

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah all i get is the rattle from my subs too. I was thinkin of using some dynomat, but you say it dosnt work to well?

·
Registered
2001 Impreza RS BRP
1,359 Posts
When you compare the RS interior to the Legacy and Wagons..there is no comparison.

The seats are a big example for me.....everything under the sun sticks to them..and I have long hair..so guess where it always is in my car!! ;)

·
Registered
539 Posts
I like the interior ok.....if I could change anything it would be the crappy carpet. I've already had mine replaced once under warranty and that was about a year and a half ago and it needs redone again. Sad thing is I hardly ever haul anyone. It's just CHEAP. I might end up doing the group buy on carpet when it rolls around.

·
Registered
01 2.5RS White - 4EAT
729 Posts
I think the interior's nice, but that damned carpet is something else. I may have to get in on a GB for carpet as well (provided I've got the $$)

·
Registered
2000 Impreza 2.5 RSTi
324 Posts
Yah i was surprised when i was doing reasearch that a lot of people think it's cheap. I think it looks fine and is very easy to see the nobs and whatnot. It especially looks good when it is painted to match the color of the car.

·
Registered
2000 Coupe... FAST
354 Posts
RSman2.5 said:
Yah i was surprised when i was doing reasearch that a lot of people think it's cheap. I think it looks fine and is very easy to see the nobs and whatnot. It especially looks good when it is painted to match the color of the car.
Like this? :D

·
Registered
426 Posts
AHHHH HELL YEAH!!! I want to do that to mine. Just ordinary spray paint?

·
Registered
00 BRP RS LIC'd V7 EJ207+6sd
625 Posts
Spray with clear coats over it....u need to sand the pieces down first, primer dosnt hurt, then the paint, and then clear....its pretty easy.

Patrick

PS. Thats shit looks awsome!

·
Registered
19 Posts
bee - oooo - ti - full !!!!!

I was thinking of a flat carbon fiber kit but I like that Blue! Did you have any problems getting the pieces out/back in?

The carpet thing does suck. I have an extender on my arm rest that rattles. My kids pulled the back right hand interior wall off its holders and I have worn a small hole in the left bolster of my seat from my fat butt getting in and out of the car. I put the RS interior about par with most other Jap interiors. I'm thinking about seats but thats way after other mods.

Your interior look is way cool :cool:

Pete.....2000 Blue RS 2.5 Coupe

·
Registered
426 Posts
How would you go about getting all those pieces off? I'm pretty sure getting things like the center console and such wouldn't be too much of a problem, but how would you get at things like the AC vents or map light assembly?

·
Registered
00 BRP RS LIC'd V7 EJ207+6sd
625 Posts
They are all held in by little clips on the sides....its kind of a bitch to get them out, but if u try, u should be able to get them. I cant tell u exactly how to go about getting them out as i have not done it yet, BUT, i am soon, im painting all my stuff here pretty soon when i have all day. Ill let u know how it goes.

Patrick

1 - 14 of 14 Posts