Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Coupe... FAST
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How does the sound of a Subaru sponsored, Subaru only, Subaru Autocross Competition sound?

Well that's an idea that has been brought forth to me to help coordinate.

The idea is to have it in North Texas.... Dallas/Ft Worth to be specific, at Texas Motor Speedway perhaps in late April of 2003.

Centrally located to the Southern USA, we can feasibly bring in members from both coasts and most of the middle of the country... this would be awesome.

The event itself would be spread out over 3 days... two days of autocrossing, 2 cookouts, one car show, many trophies, plenty of rivalry and camaraderie, and most importantly... FUN!

-Kevin Heist

·
Registered
26,087 Posts
that sounds good, but i'm not in the texas area. and texas is a good one day drive from where i am.

·
Registered
2000 Coupe... FAST
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
JZ oo7 said:
that sounds good, but i'm not in the texas area. and texas is a good one day drive from where i am.
we're trying to turn it into a national event... everyone is welcome.

·
Premium Member
overdeveloped beater
8,335 Posts
Too late...there was one already in October. Down in FL somewhere. Guess it had a decent turnout and loads of fun was had by all. I wish we could've made it....maybe next season.

·
Registered
2000 Coupe... FAST
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Storm said:
Too late...there was one already in October. Down in FL somewhere. Guess it had a decent turnout and loads of fun was had by all. I wish we could've made it....maybe next season.
I'm well aware of this.

I have spoke the Jacksonville event's coordinators... they think putting something like this a little center to country is a great idea after having one on the east coast.

This will be a better location for all of those who couldnt make it to Florida.

-Kevin

·
Registered
MY00 Impreza 2.5RS
174 Posts
I would be up for it! It would be sweet.
More practice and get too watch the Cone Basher kick some butt.

BTW, I might be moving to SW Ok. I got a letter from the AirForce about a Civl Service job at Altus AFB just west of Lawton, OK.

Pat L.

·
It's not a GC
07 WRX Wag0nz
9,387 Posts
Dude I'm down for that...this would be great imgine a subaru series!!! any similar series slated for the Southern California Region?

·
Registered
1997 Brighton 2.5
1,213 Posts
You do know that Indiana is "The Crossroads of America". Not to mention the subaru plant is here. But, nevermind me. No one ever does. It's not like there were 25 carloads that came out here this year anyway. It's not like there's three major races here every year that people come in for anyway. ;) I'm just jackin with you, like everyone else is about to do.

Actually, I plan on setting up a national meet here as soon as the USGP weekend gets out of control. Maybe you could handle a Spring national, and I'll do a Fall one.

I'd come down there for a Subi meet in April. I'll be truthfull though, and let you know my decision is based more heavily on visiting old friends, as I used to live in Dallas. A 15 hour trip for a meet is a little beyond my enthusiasm level. That's the problem everyone has. And no matter where you put it, someone's going to bitch that it's too far from them. Just a question, why April? Random, or does it coincide with something larger?

I've seen this before, more than once. The Denver people will say have it there, because there's already so many people in CO, CA people say the same, as well as NE'ers. Then people in the Middle of Kansas bitch because they don't have as many meets as the people from the NE, CO, and CA. And Kansas is Geographically in the center of the US. Not according to population, however.

I can tell you one thing. If you really are going to do it, set the date early, notify everyone, and let the chips fall where they may. If it's only 25 cars, and another 2500 are bitching, so be it. Have fun, and make changes next year. If you ask everyone's opinion, you're going to get everyone's opinion.

And that's my opinion.

·
Registered
MY00 Impreza 2.5RS
174 Posts
Streetman said:

I'd come down there for a Subi meet in April. I'll be truthfull though, and let you know my decision is based more heavily on visiting old friends, as I used to live in Dallas. A 15 hour trip for a meet is a little beyond my enthusiasm level. That's the problem everyone has. And no matter where you put it, someone's going to bitch that it's too far from them. Just a question, why April? Random, or does it coincide with something larger?

I've seen this before, more than once. The Denver people will say have it there, because there's already so many people in CO, CA people say the same, as well as NE'ers. Then people in the Middle of Kansas bitch because they don't have as many meets as the people from the NE, CO, and CA. And Kansas is Geographically in the center of the US. Not according to population, however.

Let them all bitch. The true Subaru driver will go anywhere and not bitch about driving 15 hours.
I drove out to western Utah for a ProSolo this year. That's a long hall from Oklahoma City.

Geographic center and population center of the US are too different things. I thing a Geographic center is a better choice. Give everyone a equal change to come and Topeka or Kansas City would be great. As for an event like a Subaru Autocross and more. I think Texas Motor Speedway, north of Fort Worth, Tx is the way to go. Plus there are lots of great stuff to do in the DFW area.

·
Registered
1997 Brighton 2.5
1,213 Posts
Let them all bitch
Like I said, "If you ask everyone's opinion, you're going to get everyone's opinion."

I think it's a good idea, you think it's a good idea, more than one other person thinks so too. If you want it, do it. The people who want to be there will be, everyone else will act like I did in the first paragraph of my post. Give you shitheaps of suggestions, and tell you how to run your event, but offer no hands on help, and probably won't show up regardless.

I say get a date on it, and let us all know.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts