Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

21 - 40 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
2000 brp 2.0rs
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Found some more info today-
The SanFu is actually the Japanese export version of the 3rd gen Subaru Sambar (1977-1982), it was badged the Subaru 600.

random stuff i found trolling google:

1984-
Powered by a 544cc, rear-mounted, watercooled, 4-cycle, 4-speed, 27bhp engine
made by Fuji Heavy Industries (Subaru) for SanFu Motors, Ltd. in Taiwan,
It was not made for US import.
Capacity is 895 lbs of cargo.
TheUSCG used them at its Taipei Base and, 7 vans/trucks wound up in RI and scattered across the US.

"It is called a BIC because it was made by Sanfu Motors for Bales International Corporation ... which despite having 9 Sanfus in their boneyard, refuse to acknowledge the vans at all.
The total amount of the Sanfus built; passenger, cargo or pickup truck, were 24. Eighteen were shipped to the US, 6 stayed in Taiwan and, of the 18, I have accounted for all of them, mostly in bad shape but, 3 are under restoration and 3 are restored and running the other 3 are junked and, with the non-recognized 9 in BIC's boneyard, that makes the 18. Of the 6 in Taiwan, I haven't a clue"

·
Registered
2000 brp 2.0rs
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
So i screwed around with it a bit, i realized it dosn't have tail lights so i need to figure that out, need to do rear fenders some how, and i need a front light blinker cover(which i will never find). But the main question is, do i keep the dump bed or get rid of it. The piston has a blown upper seal so when i got more then 50% up it sprays fluid everywhere. If i got rid of the bed i could do an aluminum bed and save weight. and i could probs sell the dump system for some cash. Need opinions

·
Registered
1998 Impreza OBS
484 Posts
a lifted mini truck is something not seen often so youd be standing out even more haha
slammed is more common for mini trucks

as for the bed, id personally try and sell the dump setup and make a wood/aluminum setup. still functional and lighter and cheaper to maintain

best of luck with this thing, awesome find!

·
Registered
2000 brp 2.0rs
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Thanks for the input, I feel like it would look weird on the stock wheels, and the wheels are too hard to come by.

·
Registered
2000 brp 2.0rs
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
I think im pulling the dump bed today, going to try and get more pictures up. but in the mean time, Race seats

21 - 40 of 103 Posts