·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oldie but a goodie.

http://www.aef.com/industry/news/data/2002/2044

Subaru Rabbit Ad Draws Animal Rights Ire

Automaker Agrees to Alter TV Spot

In response to an angry outcry by animal rights groups across the country, Subaru will alter a TV commercial starring a bunny rabbit.

Animal activists charge that the Subaru TV spot, which shows a mother and daughter trying to do a good deed for a rabbit, actually depicts an inhumane act and should be pulled from the air...

A coalition of pro-rabbit groups including organizations such as the House Rabbit Society, friendsofrabbits.com and Michigan Rabbit Rescue are using the Internet to summon animal rights activists across the country to "mount an all-out campaign" urging Subaru to kill the commercial.

·
Registered
93 Imperza L Ameythst
3,165 Posts
wow just wow, people need to stop bitching about stupid shit and hit the real issues. ...."o my god a rabbit is being petted by a little girl, thats inhumane......" while we have women and men overseas dying they want to bitch about a 1 in a million rabbit. PETA can lick my nuts

·
Registered
2000 BRP Impreza RS
746 Posts
hah shit is rediculous. I work at a pet store and encounter PETA people all the god damn time. They get on my nevers :_sure:. Last week some lady FLIPPED out about these fish that we have that are dyed. so rediculous.

·
Banned
4,588 Posts
PETA is only run by middle to upper class people that have nothing else better to do with their time. I run over rabbits all the time with my car. PETA can lick deez nuts and suck on my toes.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
This was really :eek:mg: to me.

Fools are scary. My amazingly hot half-Spanish half Guatemalan scientist chick friend who owns four British sports cars from the 60s and 70s (no, you're not getting any pics, pervs, she's MINE ;)) works at a bio lab at Cal and they have to totally lock their place down because they get threats from the PETA nuts.

·
Premium Member
Two Mini Coopers!
10,629 Posts
Didn't you see the link between vegitarians and brain shrinkage? Google it. Peta are idiots.

·
The Silverback Mod
05 Black OBS
8,896 Posts
Oh, gag me. And to think I was one year short of being a vet... pets. Imagine, people loving animals and giving them your home ~ :blol:

·
\m/(-_-)\m/
03 350z for now
491 Posts
hah shit is rediculous. I work at a pet store and encounter PETA people all the god damn time. They get on my nevers :_sure:. Last week some lady FLIPPED out about these fish that we have that are dyed. so rediculous.
I hate PETA as much as the next person (all the money they get to pay the high-end salaries of psycho president and their employees, etc). But most pet stores are notorious for selling illegally harvested fish, birds and for selling dogs from puppy mills, so I don't condone that.

As far as the commercial, I think I remember it vaguely. I thought it was a wild rabbit they released into the wild but i guess it wasn't?
The general public is stupid when it comes to what they see on tv...they'll think they can release Mr.Bunbun in the wild too. But in the grand scheme of things, it's just a fuckin commercial and PETA should know that Subaru as a company has always been quite environmentally friendly. PETA has gotten too big and rich for its own good, they need to be disbanded. I heard rumors they fund environmental terrorism groups like ELF

·
Premium Member
'17 Impreza Sport, '15 OB 3.6R
9,806 Posts
I believe in animal rights, but I also believe in common sense and hate a lot of extremism.

Oyyyyyyyyyyyy gimme a break!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts