Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
needs more cowbell
95L, 07 2.5i, R6
9,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Seriously, the cute commercials are great and kind of heart warming but they really need to shift gears and add some passion to their ads. Lately I've been wondering why the suby commercials are always so light hearted and I think they need to consider another spectrum of ad style. My first choice to use in a new commercial series would be this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bR46ibN7Rw

Not a new video, but that's not the point. Its edgy, sexy and would work well. If someone could get this through to someone in subaru's ad departments, it would mean a lot. This would be a great way to put a harder edge on the wrx image, for example.

(I know Roy Orbison came out with the song first and Celine also did her version, but Cyndi's is cute, sexy, and has great imagery.)

·
un-Banned by RS25.com
2000 SRP 2.5RS Coupe
2,164 Posts
Seriously, the cute commercials are great and kind of heart warming but they really need to shift gears and add some passion to their ads. Lately I've been wondering why the suby commercials are always so light hearted and I think they need to consider another spectrum of ad style. My first choice to use in a new commercial series would be this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bR46ibN7Rw

Not a new video, but that's not the point. Its edgy, sexy and would work well. If someone could get this through to someone in subaru's ad departments, it would mean a lot. This would be a great way to put a harder edge on the wrx image, for example.

(I know Roy Orbison came out with the song first and Celine also did her version, but Cyndi's is cute, sexy, and has great imagery.)
So you want the Subaru commercial to be a Cyndi Lauper music video? I don't get it?

·
Banned
4,588 Posts
Subaru needs to have commercials with more asians in it. Asians don't has much media coverage. Maybe have keiichi tsuchiya driving a new sti in the mountains.

·
needs more cowbell
95L, 07 2.5i, R6
9,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Think about the other manufacturers who integrate popular artists' videos into their advertising... that's what I'm talking about. Let me go find one for example. (wow, being misinterpreted already?)

·
un-Banned by RS25.com
2000 SRP 2.5RS Coupe
2,164 Posts
Think about the other manufacturers who integrate popular artists' videos into their advertising... that's what I'm talking about. Let me go find one for example. (wow, being misinterpreted already?)
Cyndi Lauper is popular?

·
needs more cowbell
95L, 07 2.5i, R6
9,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Those are pretty cool, but basically guys just driving around and/or doing burnouts. I'm talking about something where the commercial has the artist's music while the commercial guy is talking and fades into a little shot of the music video every now and then with some of the scenes being a combined image of both the video and car in action. Someone has to be able to picture what I'm talking about. Wow, if only I could video edit something myself. I can picture it so easily just don't have the tools to put it together. :(

·
needs more cowbell
95L, 07 2.5i, R6
9,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Cyndi Lauper is popular?
Any artist who is capable of creating actual music will always be popular to the people who count. I'm not talking about the "artists" who rap in cell phone commercials for example. Many people know who Cyndi Lauper is from her past work. Her cover of Roy Orbison's song is actually more of a tribute to his version versus the way many other "popular artists" take others songs and integrate them into theirs to steal the original emotions elicited when the songs were first created. She didn't mutilate it and try to make it hers, its more of a sway towards a different emotional route.

Maybe have the owner of the suby calling his/her girlfriend/boyfriend from a phone at some dusty desert gas station and show him driving to meet her through some curvy landscape with images from cyndi's video fading in and out and the car announcer guy describing the benefits of awd and the other things about the car. Then ending with the suby owner meeting his/her girlfriend/boyfriend and driving off into the city to go have a night on the town.

·
needs more cowbell
95L, 07 2.5i, R6
9,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Subaru tried to get edgy with the new model. They failed, but this is their attempt:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgZNZIKSokk
Haha, that one makes the cars look like kids toys. A little too light hearted IMO. They need good music and some sexy, not rainbows, streams, and smileys. Look at the mitsu evo commercial with the cars morphing and the supermodel driver dude, also some decent music. I love their one with the girls and drums and fire, hot stuff. Subaru needs some HOT

·
Registered
2005 SAABARU + 2002 RS
488 Posts
The issue is that Subaru knows that they have their hard core market. They are trying to pick up folks that don't necessarily care about bad assery.

·
Registered
05' Impreza 2.5rs, CGM
1,967 Posts
The issue is that Subaru knows that they have their hard core market. They are trying to pick up folks that don't necessarily care about bad assery.
+1000000000000 I completely agree with you there. They are trying to appeal to a newer audience because they know they have the Subaru enthusiasts like ourselves already in the bag!

·
Registered
04jbp STi, 93L+01 RS, 08 zx10R
478 Posts
1 - 20 of 39 Posts