61 - 80 of 293 Posts

·
Registered
1986 Subaru Leone TURBO STi
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Craziness!
your telling me lol

so i found another recaro seat which this one has the head rest i want. now i just need to find one more seat to match the head rest.

also found a spare set of track wheels for my leone, VOLK RAY's STi GC8. i'm going to paint a set of these some funky bright colour.

and still cant find fabric for my recaro jetta mk2 seats yet :mad:

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
so i got one of my set of STi TE37 VOLK sand blasted ready to get painted a colour that i have not picked yet, i'm thinking a nice glossy jet black but will see soon.

also some oem subaru parts have come in, new XT6 front control arms. i have to problem's that i need fixing with these. 1 is the bushing end rubs in my subframe arm, 2 i dont have camber in the front.

ill be adding something like these to the arms so i gain in both aspects

also i have ordered another rear diff support mount, which i will be adding a new bushing in the middle to help with the flexing in the rear R180 diff. if your driving behind my car, as i shift in a gear ! you can see the diff flex, which all most looks like its going to fall out lol.

·
Registered
1991 Justy GL "Overland"
3,641 Posts
I love that I am not the only one who paid money for brand new OE control arms on their old Subie, lol.

I am still in love with this build. It gives me great joy to see someone taking the time to do a build correctly, and not only that, but on a very old chassis that hardly ever gets any sort of affection at all. keep up the great work :D

-Jamie

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
This thing is too awesome!
thank you

White on white would look really good.:banana:
ya if i scoop up another set ill do white for sure next

I love that I am not the only one who paid money for brand new OE control arms on their old Subie, lol.

I am still in love with this build. It gives me great joy to see someone taking the time to do a build correctly, and not only that, but on a very old chassis that hardly ever gets any sort of affection at all. keep up the great work :D

-Jamie
LOL ya pretty crazy !!... but i needed to get the control arms, to bad ill be cutting them up but in a good way once there done. hehe

i need more camber up front, got lots of caster but camber needs a little work at getting.

so my rims got done ready to roll again, thanks to NVauto for installing the tire's again :D. So the other gold set i have will be face sanded and re painted gold.

one more thing that i need to add to them which is in the mail on its way.

·
Registered
04 GDB 2.5RS
1,373 Posts
damn dude, this car looks amazing, what ever happened to those purple wheels? I was waiting for you to get some tires on em :)

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
damn dude, this car looks amazing, what ever happened to those purple wheels? I was waiting for you to get some tires on em :)

ya i was going to use them then i found all these volk rims so i sold them, i cant keep every thing i got lol

so i found another set of JDM Subaru FHI 4 pot 2 pot, i had them sand blasted and now powder coated red. i got new oem seals to rebuild them & some GODSPEED Brakes stainless steel pistons to rebuild them with, also need to paint the letter's on the calipers white and find a sticker for the rear. ill most likely sell the other gray set that are on the leone or use them for the next build that's going on all ready

also got some nice STi Magnesium Valve Rocker Cover Set coming in, very excited for these all ways wanted them.

also its all most time to order my new turbo the S300SX FMW so i can make my goal of 400whp on a dyno dynamics dyno.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
so i just hand painted one subaru decal on the 4 pot, came out all right i think. now i need to find the stickers for the rear 2 pot some where.

looks ok with the black GC8 volks i did in black.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
This is going to be a sweet 2000lb rocket when your done.
thank you, its coming along really good now i can wait to pull it out of hibernation so i can put all the new parts on and drive it again !

WOW fastest shipping in the world took place ! my GODSPEED BRAKES stainless steel brake caliper pistons got here :eek: i just placed the order like on Tuesday and there from the UK !!

time for me to get to work

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
think i found my 17" wheels ?????? by my calculator calculations it looks like they will fit. that means i have to get a set of STi Brembos up front.

if they don't fit guess ill have to put them for sale :(

S202 STi RAY'S VOLK FORGED 5x100 17x7.5JJ ET 53

SUBARU TECNICA INTERNATIONAL STi

FORGED MADE IN JAPAN

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
so this is a rear 1986 Subaru control arm, when adding wide wheels with low offsets like Subaru loves it can rub on the rear arm on this old car.

here you can see how much room i have to play if I put on a 17x7.5JJ ET53 stock subaru wheels that can fit Brembo brakes, also the front is not like this its normal Subaru style up front on this car so any wheel is ok

so what have I come up with ! simple easy is flip the arm around to the other side ! looks like the little Leone can put the rubber down to the ground now, 225/45/17 and i could use STi Brembo brakes now for the extra stopping power.

Hey !!!!! why stop there ???? Lol... lets pull out a STi 22B BBS wheel and see if we can add the monster wheels on the Leone so 235/40/17 17x8.5JJ ET48 even fits !! guess its time to show some people how its done on the track this year !

now i am really excited to pull the car out and see if this all works out perfect.

61 - 80 of 293 Posts