Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I'm having a bit of a tough time finding some straight forward answers in regards to swapping my Legacy from Auto to Manual. It's a '99 B3 Subaru Liberty RX in Australia.
Could someone please help me with some basic compatibility info?
I apologise if there is previous threads about this subject, I am new here!

·
Registered
98RS, 98RS, 99RS
425 Posts
This website is dedicated to 93-05 Subaru Imprezas, most commonly the 98-01 2.5RS. We don't have too much info about legacy and forester models of this era but most of us have owned one or more of them and can confirm a lot of the parts are the same. As far as exact specifications I don't know much about modifying a Legacy but the auto-manual swap should be very similar to how it's done on an Impreza with some possible slight variations. There are a ton of previous threads on this subject if you use the search button, this forum has been around for 20 years and most every question you might have would have already been answered somewhere.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This website is dedicated to 93-05 Subaru Imprezas, most commonly the 98-01 2.5RS. We don't have too much info about legacy and forester models of this era but most of us have owned one or more of them and can confirm a lot of the parts are the same. As far as exact specifications I don't know much about modifying a Legacy but the auto-manual swap should be very similar to how it's done on an Impreza with some possible slight variations. There are a ton of previous threads on this subject if you use the search button, this forum has been around for 20 years and most every question you might have would have already been answered somewhere.
Thank you, I appreciate the honesty. I'll have more of a look through the forums to see what I can find.
I will likely be doing a total Impreza Conversion (engine, tranny, drive and diffs), I'm just hoping to find a gearbox that will be compatible with my current Ej251 for the time being.
Thanks again mate. (y)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts