Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2000 RS 2.5 BRP Sedan
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the correct forum so please excuse if this is in the wrong spot. I have a 2000 RS 2.5 that I just love but needs both rear bearings replaced which of course are a huge pain. The local Subaru dealer charges an insane amount to do rear wheel bearings on a GC8 since they don't work on these older cars anymore and you have to pull those lateral link bolts (which inevitably are frozen and have to be cut out). I ordered the bearings, seals and even new hubs and have them but my tools are consumer-grade and couldn't budge the lateral link bolts.

I would keep the car if I could find someone local who knows what they're doing at replacing the bearings and/or other work. Does anyone know of someone who does work on older Subies in the NYC/NNJ area?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2000 Impreza RS
149 Posts
I use Broadway Autos in Broadway/Washington, NJ. That might be a touch too far if you are more in the NYC area. I’ve been using them for years for stuff that is beyond my mechanical skill, and I’ve had nothing but good experiences. All my stuff has been engine and transmission work, so I can’t speak to their ability on anything outside of it personally, but I initially found them through the word and mouth reputation they built for themselves in my area.

·
Registered
2000 RS 2.5 BRP Sedan
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I use Broadway Autos in Broadway/Washington, NJ. That might be a touch too far if you are more in the NYC area. I’ve been using them for years for stuff that is beyond my mechanical skill, and I’ve had nothing but good experiences. All my stuff has been engine and transmission work, so I can’t speak to their ability on anything outside of it personally, but I initially found them through the word and mouth reputation they built for themselves in my area.
Thanks! Washington, NJ is a little far but it's good to know they are there if I get in a bind. Thanks again

1 - 6 of 6 Posts