Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Part Deux
2001 WRXed Caged L
3,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Subaru Challenege - Lafayette, IN (8-23-08)

Anyone else going? A bunch of us from Cincinnati are headed up there early Saturday morning. I won't be running my car because it's no where near race ready but I love going to any Subaru meets.

http://www.subaruchallenge.com/08event.gl.1.htm

·
Registered
Non-RS
1,294 Posts
So this is just an auto-x? $47 is pretty expensive.

Still considering it though- a four hour drive sucks. :(
I'll think it over and see...very tempting, minus the price! I have an auto-x to go to the next day so I might just stay home and pay the $30 instead and save the gas.

·
Part Deux
2001 WRXed Caged L
3,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So this is just an auto-x? $47 is pretty expensive.

Still considering it though- a four hour drive sucks. :(
I'll think it over and see...very tempting, minus the price! I have an auto-x to go to the next day so I might just stay home and pay the $30 instead and save the gas.
Looks like you get a lunch provided and a t-shirt as well.

·
project blackbird.
'01 RS, '81 Fiat Spider
3,396 Posts
Cool, do you have a specific job you'll be doing?

Also, do you know if there going to be a big area for parking? (For those of us not doing the autocross?)
Not specified yet, but I'm sure my unofficial job for the day will be RS25.com Master Photographer.

And I'm sure there will be tons of parking. SIA churns out over 200,000 cars a year and has to store them onsite when they come out, so the whole side of the factory that faces the road is full of parking lots. The wildlife refuge and the test track (second longest track in Indiana, behind Indianapolis Motor Speedway) are behind the plant.

·
Registered
Non-RS
1,294 Posts
Looks like you get a lunch provided and a t-shirt as well.
Ah, true. I'd probably bring another person to help me beat up my car so $100 plus gas for the two of us would be kinda pricey still. I'll think about it and maybe we could meet up and cruise? Might be more fun that way!

·
Registered
Non-RS
1,294 Posts
^ I wasn't suggesting you came to cbus. Figured there might be a point where we could meet up that was along the way and not out of the way for anyone.

I don't feel like going when I can auto-x the next day for $30. :p

·
Registered
1 dead RS, 1 '06 WRX, 1 '91 SS
1,089 Posts
true, but how many times a year do you get to compete against ONLY other Subarus?

This was awesome. Would have been worth the $50 if I wasn't so cheap. 5-6 runs, I left early, so I'm not sure.
Some very beautiful cars

One picture for now.

·
Premium Member
overdeveloped beater
8,335 Posts
^^^ How far did you make it in the eliminations?

I was kicking myself for not coming down today......

·
Part Deux
2001 WRXed Caged L
3,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
true, but how many times a year do you get to compete against ONLY other Subarus?

This was awesome. Would have been worth the $50 if I wasn't so cheap. 5-6 runs, I left early, so I'm not sure.
Some very beautiful cars

One picture for now.

Did you get any pictures from the other parking lot?

They made us park there and not with the other Subarus, I'm pretty pissed off about it. Four of us drove separate cars for nothing from Cincy... We could have saved easily $100 in gas by car pooling.

It was nice to meet you Chris! Chris was the only one I met since no one knew my freakin car was there...

·
Registered
Non-RS
1,294 Posts
^^^ How far did you make it in the eliminations?

I was kicking myself for not coming down today......
I don't race SCCA- I race with a local Miata club. It's a lot more laid back and fun, plus we get a lot more runs (Seriously-9 runs that were around 55-60 seconds!) I raced the Miata, anyways. I really wanted to take the Subaru but the Miata hadn't be out yet this year!!

·
Registered
93 Imperza L Ameythst
3,165 Posts
:( im so pissed i overslept. was putting endlinks in on friday night and got an alignment and noticed my tire started to rub on the left rear, but i just over slept. I was right down the road from you elliot haha. second time ive stopped up there and not visited. sorry about that.

·
Registered
635csi, e30 325IX, xR4Ti, gc8
6 Posts
shoot! i'm from lafayette and just joined this forum today! missed by 4 days.

i tried to join a month ago but the registration would not go through, damn.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts