Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Modsterdomus
2000 STM RS Sedan 5spd
7,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a car cover that they use for their Subaru?

I am forced to park under a nasty oak tree and all night the caterpillars cover the entire car in shit.

I would like to keep my car covered so that i dont get covered in shit. Does anyone know of a good quality cover that will withstand all of natures abuse?

Chris

·
Modsterdomus
2000 STM RS Sedan 5spd
7,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the link.

Do you own this? They are pretty quiet about what kind of fabric they use. Plus i dont want the extra fabric that is meant to cover the wing to create pooling since i dont have a wing. I wonder if that would be a problem.

·
Registered
2001, Impreza RS, Silver
647 Posts
I have an OEM Subaru Impreza cover for our cars. I used it maybe 3 times and I havn't had my Subaru for over a year. It will fit on your car well as long as it has a 2door/4door wing on it, they weren't made for v.5/6 wings. I have no need for it so pm me with a price, i'll try and find the link

·
13 Years of RS
2005 Toyota Corolla :(
5,532 Posts
I used the OEM Subaru cover on my RS with the coupe wing, and while it was a tight fit, it worked.

·
Banned
92 Posts
a cover is a good idea!! But then people will think that u have something incredible under it. Hope no dissapointments

·
Registered
2001, Impreza RS, Silver
647 Posts
Yeh the oem ones will work with the coupe wing just not the v5/6 wing like on my car. Everything else fits fine, except it sticks up about 3 to 5 inches in the back due to the v5/6 wing

HondaH8er said:
I used the OEM Subaru cover on my RS with the coupe wing, and while it was a tight fit, it worked.

·
Modsterdomus
2000 STM RS Sedan 5spd
7,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
How strong/weatherproof is the OEM one? It will get pretty abused where i live.

I have a sedan wing so i'm not concerned about fitment.

Chris

·
Miss You Mom '40-'08
00 RS, 14 Forester, 92 SVX
1,577 Posts
Noah is a CoverCraft offering- they do not make one that fits the large spoilers- the STi one I did buy was either boxed wrong or doesn't fit, because it wasn't even close to working on my 2000 RS with a v5 spoiler.

·
13 Years of RS
2005 Toyota Corolla :(
5,532 Posts
Jurzeyfresh said:
How strong/weatherproof is the OEM one? It will get pretty abused where i live.

I have a sedan wing so i'm not concerned about fitment.

Chris

Mine held up really well, I used it just about every day for a couple years in all sorts of weather, and it's still in great shape. A place I was renting, I had to park in the driveway (my roommate parked on the curb, and the garage was full), and the power line went diagonally across the driveway, so without the cover, I had a line of bird poop across either the hood or the trunk, depending which side of the driveway I parked on. So it held up fine to poop, rain, and snow, I'd recommend it.

·
Modsterdomus
2000 STM RS Sedan 5spd
7,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks... thats what i needed to hear.

Chris

1 - 16 of 16 Posts