Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just watched the AUTOWEEK television show. In their racing news segment They mentioned that PRODRIVE was doing ,basically, a feasability study for a Japanese manufactuer about building a car for Le Mans. Just a thought.

·
It's not a GC
07 WRX Wag0nz
9,387 Posts
Well do you thin it would a Subaru though? I know subarus run in the JTCC...Does anyone know what class are the Scoobs run? is it GT's?

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
are you sure its a japanese manufacturor. prodrive already has the F550 in Le Mans/ALMS. but i suppose it is possible, though i would think it would be more of a toyota or honda thing. remember, honda is coming out with the new NSX very soon. the old one was the car to beat for awhile in the mid-90s.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
There is a similar post on the "other" board. They said that prodrive already had a deal with Honda for some form of Accord. If they have a vew NSXcoming out it would make sense. But wouldn't a prototype car, based on the Subaru six and four wheel drive, be interesting!

·
Registered
597 Posts
years ago (probably 10-15 years ago), there was a prototype car called the Jiotto Caspita. I believe it was built for prototype racing and Lemans. It had a Subaru engine in it. It was sponsored by a lady's underwear manufacturer.

·
Registered
1999 Subaru Forester S 4EAT
209 Posts
oooooooooooo i wanna shove one of those flat12's in my forester i bet that has a bitchin exhaust note

·
Premium Member
12,694 Posts
You know that Prodrive already runs in the LMP class for the LeMans series with a factory built car that used the Aston Martin engine.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts