Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
total-monozukuri.com
2000 Subaru Impreza WRX
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just wondering what the difference is between them performance wise. I have the Subaru 4pots now, and the Brembo's are 4pots as well...are the pads any bigger? Is it worth upgrading?

Thanks,

·
Registered
2015 WRX+TE37ta
4,819 Posts
The brembo rotors and pads are much larger. The subaru 4pots use WRX sized rotors so there is a much larger array of wheel choices. With brembos, besides the fact that the equipment costs a lot more, you will have to spend more on wheels since there is a much more limited choice to pick from.

That comes at the cost of performance, but personally in my opinion unless you're going to be road racing your car it won't be worth the price in parts and wheels over your current setup. They are certainly blingy though!

·
total-monozukuri.com
2000 Subaru Impreza WRX
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, that's kinda what I was assuming but couldn't find the details on the 4pots to be able to compare.

Just to confirm, the brembo's won't fit under the stock 16" 6 spokes correct? It'd suck to have to swap rotors/calipers for winter. :)

Thanks,

·
Registered
2015 WRX+TE37ta
4,819 Posts
You'd need 17x7.5 at the least. But I think there are only a handful to choose from of that size. Keep in mind that 235 is pretty much the widest tire you can fit into the fenders barring major modification. And pulled fenders look like poo so I don't recommend that. This basically limits you to 7.5 and 8 inch wide wheels

·
AYVI Motorsports
White 98 Impreza/06WRX
440 Posts
brembo's are bigger so they dissipate heat better, probably have better feel too. the brembo's have more braking force, but the 4 pots have plenty for most applications.

For me the loss of the ability to run 16s and some 15s isn't worth that difference. Both have the power to brake to threshold.

Like I said the real advantage is the bigger brakes generate less heat when compared to anything smaller, under the same deceleration. They also dissipate heat better too.

In my opinion these brakes would be a advantage for track events and road racing where you are braking from high speeds for extended periods of time, and heat becomes a issue via fade and wear.

·
Registered
2000 2.5 RS-T srp sedan
2,732 Posts
that why you don't go OEM on Brembos..the price for stock pads is freaking stupid.

But I do love mine on the track.. big confidence booster..and they are so bling

But yes unless you can afford a new set of rims for winter then the Brembos become a pain to find rims that fit. (NASIOC Fitment thread is your answer).

·
Super Moderator
2000 Slingshot RS-T (Sold)
3,212 Posts
You will notice a huge difference in high speed braking with the Brembos. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts