Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
02 F-150 Extended Cab
2,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i have my ej205 totally unbolted, the clutch fork pin IS removed..and the thing is still suck to the tranny

unfortunetly i cant spin the engine around as it it seized so..any one got any ideas as to why it isnt coming out? its been sitting on jacks for the past week just waiting to get pulled!! :(

·
Premium Member
2005 rs silver
1,313 Posts
get a girthy flat head screw driver or a pry bar and pop that bitch off the tranny... if possible get someone on either side to pry... she'll come

·
Premium Member
2005 rs silver
1,313 Posts
first get a lil flat head and tap it between the bell houseing and the motor with a hammer then get the girthy flat head or the pry bar and go to town.

·
Registered
02 F-150 Extended Cab
2,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ill try the small screw driver trick when i get home

im just surprised as the motor on my other car came out pretty easily

·
Premium Member
95 EJ205(WRB), & 02 R6
1,906 Posts
If i were you i would hook it up to the cherry picker. Then drop the Xmember so its just floating. Then wiggle like crazy. You might have to brace the tranny before you drop the Xmember tho.

·
Registered
02 F-150 Extended Cab
2,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
when i tried wiggiling it it was hooked up to the hoist..ugh

·
Registered
BRP ver5 RSTi, Beater Leggy
370 Posts
Mine was stuck like that too. Went to Sears and picked up a (very) stiff putty knife and started prying it apart little by little. Eventually I got it to crack apart, then I hooked it to the cherry picker and raised it off the xmember a little, got under the car on my back, then used my knees and hands to basically support and wiggle the engine loose from the tranny. Surprised I was able to support the entire engine's weight with just my hands and knees, it wasn't all that heavy and I'm not a big guy.

It has to come out at just the right angle in order to go smoothly or else it'll wedge itself on the bottom 2 bellhousing studs and I was only able to find that angle when I was underneath the car on my back with the engine resting on my knees.

·
needs more cowbell
95L, 07 2.5i, R6
9,316 Posts
If the transmission was not held in with the crossmembers, you could wiggle it around and break it loose. The dowel pins are really tight and if you are pulling too much from either side, they bind.

·
Registered
295 Posts
is the tranny still in gear? and yeah if it doesn't want to come out the only way is to tap in with a flat head or something to pry it even if you damage the bell housing casing. I never ran into this problem with any of my RS motors but my JDM STi just wouldn't want to come apart, probably after sitting on a shelf for a couple years.

·
needs more cowbell
95L, 07 2.5i, R6
9,316 Posts
If you know what location the pins are in, try spraying some liquid wrench into the holes and the crack near the holes. The transmission and engine are aluminum and the pins are steel so they usually corrode a little and bond to eachother. Liquid wrench works magic with corrosion. If you have some battery corrosion, spray some on it and watch what happens. ;)

·
Registered
05 legacy sdn, 00 rs sdn
840 Posts
air chisle to the top where the trans and motor meet..... hit it with that and rock it.. after you spray it all up really well

·
Registered
02 F-150 Extended Cab
2,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
air chisle to the top where the trans and motor meet..... hit it with that and rock it.. after you spray it all up really well
this is what i did and it came free.

the back of my engine is kinda fucked up but whatever the block is prob gonna get replaced anyways

so its out now:D now i need to get a hoist as my friends using mine and its being occupied by a 5.0 v8 mustang motor

1 - 18 of 18 Posts