Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Impreza RS
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
removing strut bolts, don't wanna screw alignment???

Hey Impreza owners, I will be replacing a front axle tomorrow on my 00RS and I will be removing the strut from the knuckle. So I was told to mark the bolts but I am very unsure how to mark them and why?

Can someone plz explain this to me thouroughly, thank You.

·
Registered
12 Posts
the front camber bolts are the top oblong bolts that connect your nuckle to the strut

just to give you a better idea... the red bolt

i would mark them with some nail polish or sharpie make a line across the side of the bold continuing onto the strut. so its one continous line, that way when you go to bolt everything back to gether you can know where the bolt should line up so you have your stock camber still.

if the bolt is not in the same position your camber will be different.

the mark you make with the paint or sharpie will act like the guide point like the bolt in the picture

·
Premium Member
'97 Impreza L
2,537 Posts
I'm assuming if you're swapping out the struts as well you may as well just get an alignment? Or is there another way of doing it?

·
Registered
2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5rs Silv
1,436 Posts
General rule is if you do any suspension work, it's best to always get an allignment afterwards.

·
Registered
88 XT6. 2.7l H6, 4.11 5MT
565 Posts
I'm assuming if you're swapping out the struts as well you may as well just get an alignment? Or is there another way of doing it?
you can still put a mark on the bolt to try to get it pointed the same direction. while the new struts probably won't yield the exact same specs as the old. But if you're cheap (or you swap your suspension out often, like me), it's good enough.

·
Registered
impreza base!
780 Posts
you can do a front axle with out removing the strut. I've taken the ball joint out and pop the axle out

1 - 7 of 7 Posts