Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
17,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently I had a dream about being boosted and what it would be like, and since then, I can't get it off my mind. I've looked at many different turbo kits available online and on Nasi.. the other place. I've toyed with the idea of making my own. I'd love just to feel what its like, even for a week, or even a day! I've been pondering putting one on my credit card from Nasioc... $1700 for a the full kit (I could probably get him down even more). I'd install it for a while, and then sell it for more than I bought it for. I have priorities too though, and bills I have to pay and debt I have to rid myself of... and I can't just push those aside for a toy. Help!

· Registered
17,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know I know, don't remind me. I talked to another member on here about it, and we came to the conclusion that its the valve lash. I'll be readjusting on saturday, and my new o2 should be here today, hopefully.

· Premium Member
'17 Impreza Sport, '15 OB 3.6R
13,557 Posts
Welcome to the rest of the world, bud. :D Most of us feel that way.

Figure out your bills, first. I know it sucks, but that's life. Needs come before wants; it's a twisted world we live in these days, where credit cards seem to blind people to the fact that debt really does exist.

Everyone's situation is different, but I've had my car for over eight years now, and still haven't turbo swapped. I'm getting close, but it takes time. Not everyone has the finances to spent all kinds of money on their car, all at once. It's not a big deal.

What you CAN do, though, is go for a ride in a swapped car. You say you're from NY; well, here and "the other place," are Regional chapters. You'd be Tri-State. So go there and ask for someone to take you for an afternoon.

· Registered
sold it to Susie the Subie
4,307 Posts
BOOST IS AWSOME!!!

But learn from me, I'm still broke as hell from going turbo last December (almost 8 months ago)
and it's kicking my ass.
With all the money I put into a turbo and clutch and other items of that nature to
help with the turbo I've been having troubles paying tuition, bills, credit cards, rent,
fuel and living paycheck to paycheck, but hey...at the end of my broke day when I can
only afford two gallons of fuel, damn that boost feels good. Expensive hobby, but it can
wait.
It's like Heroin I guess, can't stop thinking about it until you get your next boost and then
AAAH SKEET SKEET.

· Premium Member
2001 A.W. L
16,492 Posts
Like I said before.. Just do 1 thing at a time! get the O2 sensor in and do an ECU reset. and go from there...

Dont forget you did quite a few mods all at once, it will be hard to tell which one is causing the problem. Also you may want to call delta, tell them your mods, and maybe they can suggest a different setting for your valves to be set at.

· 'MURRICA!
Hybrid Camry
6,619 Posts
I know the urge as well, which is why i've already got a WRX intercooler, RS heads, and a up/down pipe on the way. Granted I still wont be able to get everything together for another couple months or so, but it makes me feel better once I see that i'm working twords my goal, lol. But definitely pay off bills and such before you try to add boost, as it always turns out to be more expensive than you think.

· Registered
sold it to Susie the Subie
4,307 Posts
I know the urge as well, which is why i've already got a WRX intercooler, RS heads, and a up/down pipe on the way. Granted I still wont be able to get everything together for another couple months or so, but it makes me feel better once I see that i'm working twords my goal, lol. But definitely pay off bills and such before you try to add boost, as it always turns out to be more expensive than you think.
oooo, I hate and love that part. It's like "yay I'm almost there" but it's
like a cock tease. It's like a girl pulls your pants down and sticks your
penis in her mouth one time and then says, ok I think I'm going to sleep
now. Bah! As mentioned above tho, pay your bills and get one thing at a time
and eventually you'll be getting blow jobs all the way, errr boost I mean.

· Premium Member
2002 2.5 RS-T
3,814 Posts
turboing my car when i did was probably the stupidest decision i've ever made....

turboing my car when i did was definitely the best decision i've ever made...

lol...walking my ass everywhere and eating hella cheap ramen noodle and water from teh tap kinda sucked....but the first time i drove the car with boost made it completely worth it....and when i murdered a stage 2 wrx it made it worth it 2 times over....

dooo it! lol

· Registered
2002 2.5RS BRP
2,880 Posts
Do what I'm gonna do. Finish the N/A build and save some money, get some STi internals, and build the rest of the kit yourself. It will be cheaper if you do the deal hunting thing part by part anyway, that's my secret to modding on a budget. So yea, do it, just not yet.

and get the WRX off your mind, your car is better in every way (when you're done with it). So if you buy it I might have to kill you :)

· Registered
17,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Do what I'm gonna do. Finish the N/A build and save some money, get some STi internals, and build the rest of the kit yourself. It will be cheaper if you do the deal hunting thing part by part anyway, that's my secret to modding on a budget. So yea, do it, just not yet.
That's what I was thinking. Take my time and build a motor on the side, slowly but surely. I'd buy bits and pieces off here and nasioc when a good deal comes around, and assemble it in my basement or wherever. When the time comes, I'd swap it in and bam, done.

· Premium Member
2002 2.5 RS-T
3,814 Posts
That's what I was thinking. Take my time and build a motor on the side, slowly but surely. I'd buy bits and pieces off here and nasioc when a good deal comes around, and assemble it in my basement or wherever. When the time comes, I'd swap it in and bam, done.
werd....i did the slowly but surely route for a while...then got sick of waiting....it was funny..cause one day i was all "yeah im collecting parts i'll start the build this summer"....this was in February...the next morning my engine was sitting on a table and my CC was maxed out...lol....and i was standing there thinking...aww shit :wtf:what have i got myself into now.....i was balls deep and i had no idea what the hell i was doing.....:D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.