Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Street Cams besides Cobbs?

Is there any other vedors that sell Cams similar to Cobbs Street Cams???

thanks

(not saying cobbs is bad...just that i am a very cheap bastard :biggest: )

·
Registered
256 Posts
I would recommend calling Yoshio at Japanese-Auto as Section 8 suggested. I have them and they are sweet!! I only got to use them for 2 days before I wrecked my car, but there was definitly a large HP increase from 3k to redline. I just read another post about getting some hesitation problems with the COBB cams. I can tell you this, NO HESITATION with Yoshios cams. Call him, he is a very nice man. :)

Cheers!!

·
Registered
2001 Silverthorn Coupe
144 Posts
That hesitation was before the cams, they just changed it. The post now reads that the car was fixed with a new sensor.

Japaneese auto and TWE chose grounds for their cams simular to the Cobb street (mild) cams due to the stock ECU giving codes. There might be better torque peak with one, and a better HP peak with another, but the area under the graph is probably very simular in all cases becasue you can only mess around so much before the cams throw a CE light.

Greg

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks guys...

this is what i got from Paeco...they are going to send me a catalog (arrives in 2-3 weeks)

The cams are $210/cam, ground on your cores. We don't offer them outright or exchange yet, due to a lack of cam cores. I'm not familiar with Cobb Tuning. Please let us know if we can help you.
Wasnt able to get in contact w/ Yoshio at Japanese-Auto
anybody know how much they cost for cams...

installation i am planning on having some friends do it for me...

anybody have the Paeco cams installed???

·
Registered
256 Posts
I am not really sure how much my cams were but think somewhere between $250-$300 sounds close. I got alot of stuff done at the same time, so I dont know the correct price. The above price is without cam exchange.

Hope this helps

Cheers!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I've got the J-A cams. They feel faster then what I remember of my RS, but then again. its been 2 months since I've driven my RS w/o cams. wondering why? Search this forum for my other post.

Don

·
Registered
6 Posts
DoodieHead,

You paid between $250 and $300 per cam or for all the cams? I'm assuming you have duel overhead cams. How much did Yoshio give you for your old cams assuming you traded them in. Sorry if I'm asking repetitive questions, but it sounds like you got a good deal.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
NDconKG24 said:
DoodieHead,

You paid between $250 and $300 per cam or for all the cams? I'm assuming you have duel overhead cams. How much did Yoshio give you for your old cams assuming you traded them in. Sorry if I'm asking repetitive questions, but it sounds like you got a good deal.
yea....real good deal...

i just called them and got quoted $600 for my 2000 RS :(

·
Registered
20 Posts
$600.00 is in Canadian dollars, divide that by 1.6 to get the US amount. It translates to roughly $375.00 for the cams.

Hope this helps.

Enjoy (Cams have been on my car since November last year)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts