Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a squeaking noise coming from under the hood.. I can only hear it at slow speeds, and it seems to only occur off throttle. The only "free" pieces that I have is the intake, and I already checked that. I'd take it to the dealer.. but it's such a pain in the ass. I don't get a rental without paying for it..

Any ideas.

I've also had a different squeaking or rubbing noise only when I turn. For a while it was a rubbing noise only when I turned left.

*sigh*

I've had so many problems with this car.. I'm beginning to doubt subaru technology.

· Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's a ganz.. so it's definately not that..

As for the turning only noise... it's starting to sound worse.. I'm going to have to break down and turn it over to the dealer. Dammit.

· Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, after a while of neglection, this squeak started to turn in to an awful grinding noise. I also noticed that my rotors were scarred, BADLY! I took it in this morning only to have my rotors turned and brakes inspected. They finished, and as I began to drive off the lot, I hear the same damn noise! So I go back in and talk to the tech. He lifts it up, and I notice the wheel is rocking in a weird fashion. He grabbed the top and bottom of the wheel, and in moves back and forth like mad. BAD WHEEL BEARING! Until now, I have never heard any problems with the front bearings.. Oh well. I'll get my car back tomorrow.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.