Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Impreza 2.5RS
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I have strange noise when revving/accelerating at around 3-5K RPM. The sound is like turbo spooling/gas under pressure escaping with huge pressure. Noise is coming from somewhere under, and it is very hard to say from where exactly. My car is 2.5RS stock (N/A). Please help.

·
Registered
2000 2.5RS
8 Posts
Well, just for a little more background, is this a high pitched sound, like a whining? also, if you could have a friend rev it for you while you're near where you think it's coming from, it can help you identify the problem a little more easily. Don't try to figure it out while you're driving or you just won't get it.

·
Registered
99 RBP RS Coupe
131 Posts
My car does a whistling noise when I'm accelerating from 3rd-5th gear. It does kind of sound like spooling too. Only happens when I drive though not when I rev, and it does seem to come from under my car. I was told from people and researching that it was probably my aftermarket exhaust.

·
Registered
1998 Impreza 2.5RS
277 Posts
Aftermarket exhaust? check and see if there are any extra spots for O2 sensors.

When I did my exhaust there was an extra spot on my midpipe that I had to put a plug in.

·
Registered
2005 Impreza 2.5RS
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Aftermarket exhaust? check and see if there are any extra spots for O2 sensors.

When I did my exhaust there was an extra spot on my midpipe that I had to put a plug in.
It does feel like gases exit with high pressure from under the car. So exhaust might be a reason. It only happens when I rev hard, otherwise no sound. I am thinking there might be a hole like you said that might need patching. I'll wait for spring to check on exhaust. Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts