Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Impreza 2.5 RS Blue
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
allright well, I just got back from the Susquehannock Trail Rally Performance in Wellsboro, PA and it certainly was interesting, but definetly worth it. To be short we only saw the rally cars in motion once during the morning. During the evening/night half off the race we had awesome spots at a spectator point, which should have been passed through twice during stage 7 and stage ten, but got passed through only once just as transit. Stage 7 got cancelled because two drunk hicks started fighting out on the track and stage 10 got cancelled because it had gotten too late into the night. We ended up just messing around and shooting the breeze for 7 hours. However, the open pits and the overall experience were well worth it.

Now for the pictures...
wait a little so I can upload them

·
Registered
2000 Impreza 2.5 RS Blue
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
These pictures are from when the cars were lining up before the rally in the morning.

Travis Pastrana

Pinker, the last race winner

Ken Block

This Tiburon is powered by America's best rally driver (only recently beaten by travis pastrana's team)

This FB RX-7 is sweet

almost as sweet as this RX-3

·
Registered
2000 Impreza 2.5 RS Blue
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
of course a GC8 with a turbo engine in it

a strictly JDM EVO IV

and an EVO VII I believe

some overall shots

the main street a little before the cars left

·
Registered
2000 Impreza 2.5 RS Blue
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Alright some actual racing. This is at the ASAPH spectator point for those who know what I am talking about. They come down a hill and take a quick right across a bridge. Pretty exciting.

one of the first cars through

more

this guy almost spun all the way out and hit the wall. The first point where I yelled out in excitement.

a couple of drivers got really close to the wall or even tapped it

oops...

this one was hilarious. The driver first barrels right through and nails the hay bails. Then he rips in into revers and straightens out. Noticably pissed he floors it to go across the bridge. He starts fishtailing wildly and we thought he was going to eat it. Then he grips a little and hops the curb at the end on the right and goes up the hill and out of sight. The picture is in the middle of fishtailing.

·
Registered
2000 Impreza 2.5 RS Blue
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Now inbetween the first and second half the cars lined up again on the main street of wellsboro for a break and for service. One of the coolest parts was to listen to the drivers talk about the race and joke around with eachother and to literally be five feet, unrestricted from the service teams working on the cars. a real experience.

travis pastrana coming back from the race

The Tiburon just waiting at a traffic light. They have to obey speed limits inbetween stages.

two more pictures of nice cars

the awesome FB again, and the interior

the GC8 again and its engine bay

·
Registered
2000 Impreza 2.5 RS Blue
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What occupied us for most of that break inbetween was the NC rally WRX. They seemed to be a little unlucky because they had some heavy front end damage, but also worst of all they needed to replace their transmission. They ended up doing it in about an hour. What made it even cooler was that I am doing a swap on my car and have removed my transmission so I new what they were doing, but saw it done by experts in a time crunch situation.

the engine bay (check out the fuel lines, I want that)

the front end damage

the swarm of people getting things done

A brand new tranny ready to go in

the undercarriage

·
Registered
2000 Impreza 2.5 RS Blue
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The only pictures we got of cars driving at a different location. They weren't actually racing at this point because the stage had been cancelled, they were just transiting to the next stage. Nevertheless some of the drivers decided to put on a little show for us.

·
Registered
2001 Impreza RS BRP
1,359 Posts
So did Andrew in the RX-7 bring any of those annoying noise makers to STPR? He brought them to Oregon and I he was getting some annoyed looks. Sounds like some drunk spectators screwed up one of the stages which is a bummer. The top 5 qualified for the X-Games! ;)

·
Registered
2008 AW STi
5,361 Posts
Holy poop! Rallychic is alive. I dont think ive ever seen you post. Atleast not where i usually post. lol! I guess im used to a certain mod that is a post whore coughcarismacough!

Looks like a lot of fun you lucky bastid! That white GC had to be the best looking car there. haha! kidding... sort of!

·
Registered
1998 impreza 2.5rs
630 Posts
so, on the hood of the evo with the orange stripe, it has that plastic flap sticking up, is that to create a vacuum as the air moves over it to suck in more air, or to direct the air given at the correct angle, or something else i'm missing. I saw that and was like, "I've never seen that in my life..."

Cool pics though. some of them I would laugh at on the street because they look stock with a ton of crappy stickers all over it. Then they would smoke my stickerless car. I love cars with thick, meaty tires!

·
Registered
2000 Impreza 2.5 RS Blue
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I am not sure about that EVO scoop. It might just be to protect from dust, etc because I don't think it would impede airflow that much.

·
Registered
2001 Impreza RS BRP
1,359 Posts
I am sure the lip on the evo's scoop is to deflect the water from the infamous water splash. It would kill the car.
Dang Andrew and those noisy things. The kids love them, but they drove everyone else nuts.
I haven't posted much, but when it is about rally...I have to post. I still have yet to run this event..but my friend went out to spectate for me at least!
Glad you had fun out there and thanks for sharing the pictures! ;)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts