Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2000, GC6, STM (Silver)
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is a work in Progress First page, Ill post edits right here.
{Edit 2012-12-01: Updated details about rear sway bar}
{Edit 2012-05-27: Updated Latest Picture}
{Edit 2012-04-23: added details about MudFlaps, muffler and Midpipe; Reorg to order by modification date descending, updated latest picture(s)}
{Edit 2012-01-20: Added Details about Wing}
{Edit 2012-01-15: Added- Painted Fog Light Mesh Covers and updated index with links}
{Edit 2011-12-18: Reformatted to by categorized instead of chronological; Added Reverse lights picture, and picture of headers, added index}

Latest picture: Front

Back

Index of Modifications:

Lights
HID Fogs lights (3k yellow from V-Leds)
HID Headlights (6K white from HIDextra)
LED Side Marker (from VLeds)
LED Front/Rear Turn Signal (VLeds)
LED Corner Markers (VLeds)
LED Brake Lights (VLeds)​
Cosmetic
Amber Corners from 360Tuners
Painted Fog Light Covers from Bakemono-Imports (Painted with Sherwin Williams Automotive paint Used color code for STM silver)
RS Coupe Spoiler From member
Rally Tech WRC Style Mudflaps
Wheels/Brakes/Suspension
Rota Torques 17x8 on Bridgestone Potenza RE760
Slotted and Cross Drilled Rotors and brakepads from PowerStop
Front Strut Tower Bar from Megan Racing
Rear Strut Tower Bar from Cusco; Details here
Rear Sway bar and end links by Perrin; Details here
Bolt-ons
DIY: Ganzflow-esk-Intake
Unequal Length Headers by DNA Motoing
Stromung Axel back From member
2.5" mid pipe

Muffler and Mid pipe:

I bought a Stromung Muffler off of someone here. When I went to a local shop to get the flange on my midpipe rotated we discovered i had a long crack in my midpipe. Alarmed i replaced the mid pipe. Of course the mid pipe should match the width of the Muffler so i went with a 2.5” mid pipe. its kind of loud.

I later installed a midpipe with a resonator. Feels like it flows better than the one the exhaust shop made. Also got rid of some of the drone at 2.5 K RPM

Mud Flaps;

After realizing my IKea mudflaps that i decided not to document on here... were starting to fall off, i bought some good ones. heres a picture

RS Coupe Wing January 2012
Took me a while to find at a good price. But i finally got and put on the RS Coupe Wing.
Before:

After:

Painting Fog Light Covers December 2011
I had some extra paint from something that I have not yet posted. So I painted my Mesh Foglight Covers, also played in the snow.

UEL Headers December 2011
It was an early Christmas for me. My wife got me some UEL Headers. I'd post a sound clip, but I don't have very good audio/video equipment for that. Basically its as loud as the stock exhaust gets, but rumbles. The timbre of the tone sounds a little deeper. Noticeable outside of the car, not noticeable inside. This was a huge thing for me. I enjoy a quiet ride with the Baby sleeping in the back.

DIY Ganzflow-esk Intake September 2011
I was reading a DIY here (http://www.rs25.com/forums/f105/t158245-diy-10-ganzflow-esk-intake.html) and got inspired.

Following the DIY instructions I replaced the left with the right:

My end result

Wheels/brakes
Winter 2010 I realized that for the following winter Winter tires would be a good idea. Lots of Freezing fog stories, and snow/ice fun times. So in the summer I found some winter tires that happen to have rims attached

In the middle of the summer 2011 my brakes started to go. It was time for new pads. And just for looks and fun, slotted and cross drilled rotors.

On Black Friday 2011 VLeds had some reverse lights for sale. I took advantage...

When it came time to replace the paper air filter I bought the K&N permanent replacement kind. Mostly bc I had some leftover cleaner from when I had my 300zx and my integra. (no need for a picture on that one, it was inside the torque box)

HIDs and LEDs February 2010 - October 20111
Not sure what possessed me to get HIDs and LEDs, but I went for it.
First was Foglight HIDs

Then I must have gotten some sort of bug, bc I got LEDs for my corners, side makers, brake lights, turn signals, and reverse lights.
At this point I was hearing stories of fog lamps cracking and getting rock chips. So I got some Fog lamp covers

Then I went with HID headlights (I do understand that OEM headlight housings were not meant for HIDs, and this will not be the forum for that discussion. I do plan to do some sort of retro fit in the future so no need to try to convince me, and no I am not going to take them off right now)

Amber Corners:
September 2009
I didn’t like the OEM USDM corners, and my personal preference didn’t want the JDM clear corners. So a fell on All amber corners

Purchasing: Aug 2009
Winter 2008 in seattle was rough in an integra. There are so many stuck, and almost stuck stories. It was time for an AWD. After 9 months of searching and thinking I landed on the 2000 2.5RS. Had to stick with automatic as this was originally going to be my wife’s car, and I was going to get something else in the future (nothing cool just a DD)*****EDIT{ I ended up buying a EG Civic Sedan. 34 MPG is so awesome!!**** end edit}
Lights: Amber Corners

More to come as extra money comes my way. (Might be a while)

Attachments

·
Registered
2000, GC6, STM (Silver)
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice ride winter 2008 in Seattle = ice everywhere wants even snow I have a 05 rx8 and I know what you mean almost wrecked it twice
When i Had My Z Winter 06 i almost wrecked it in a very epic sideways way.

last winter i almost got hit by 2 BMWs and 1 Mercedes SUV trying to turn fast.

Awesome drivers

·
Registered
2000, GC6, STM (Silver)
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
nice work, im debating that DIY: ganzflow intake jus for shits an giggles. do u create more power, do u feel a difference with that intake ?
I didnt notice a significant Power increase, but the throttle response is better, and it feels like it breathes better. Didnt take more than a half hour to do, and it was only around 12 bucks. So worth doing even just to mess around.

Note that 45 Degree elbow improvement on page 2 of the DIY. Looks better, and is probably more efficient.

·
RUSSIAN FOR HIRE
2000 Impreza RST
2,425 Posts
hey sweet looking car man. the coupe wing looks a thousand times better then the sedan one. wondering if you can post up a pic of the lights, 6k hid and 3k fogs, cause im looking into poss. switching from my 10k hid's to 6k's when i install my rs bumper and fogs onto my obs.
thanks

·
Registered
2000, GC6, STM (Silver)
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
hey sweet looking car man. the coupe wing looks a thousand times better then the sedan one. wondering if you can post up a pic of the lights, 6k hid and 3k fogs, cause im looking into poss. switching from my 10k hid's to 6k's when i install my rs bumper and fogs onto my obs.
thanks
What kind of picture are you looking for? Head on pictures, angled like the one in your profile picture? or driver POV?

i have these on hand:

yes i did fix the alignment of the fog light in this picture

·
Registered
2000, GC6, STM (Silver)
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Recently added RSB:

Doing the side by side compare:

Like most say, handling is significantly improved, this is the best upgrade per dollar so far. (see my page 1

Installation assessment: Medium - easy. It is straight forward, its just some weird angles. I also had to take my exhaust off of the hangers to get the sway bar on.

Most difficult part of the install: Passenger side Stout mount front bolt. It was just hard to get to.

·
Registered
2000, GC6, STM (Silver)
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Today i installed the Cusco Rear strut tower bar.

Because i am so short on time these days; last week i took out the seats and today i did the rest. (i had a lot more time today)

hardest part was putting the seat belts back on. Otherwise this was a very easy install. used These instructions.

Turned out ok.

As far driving experience. It is noticeably stiffer, and it feels like the rear sway bar i threw on back in november is finally useful now that the body can't roll and twist as much anymore.

Picture before i put the seats back on:

Picture from trunk:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.