Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
MY PASSENGER SIDE FOG LIGHT WAS UNSKREWED AND STOLEN!!!!!!!!

:curse:

This happened after 1AM Saturday night Sunday morning July 14th. Minneapolis, MN

They couldn't take my driverside light because it was siezed on... Skrewdriver marks everywhere. Almost forgot... to add insult to injury they left "green" unchewed gum in my grill. Is DNA testing cheap?
The only place this part could be going is to another Impreza!!!

Help me find this scum bag who drives our blessed car.

I also got finger prints.
Cops got the prints :)

Thank you Friends,

Elatzar
AKA
EchoWrx

·
Registered
2004 Forester XTi
1,005 Posts
Yeah, it's a pity that had to happen to an RS25 member. (could be the work of an I-Club member... :run: j/k We all love the I-Club... :) )

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
They dont only fit an Impreza though....I have a friend with a body kit on a focus. We test fit my fogs on it and they will actually bolt up with very little work.

Buster

·
Registered
646 Posts
You know why Ford makes it that way? Cause even parts from another car maker would be an improvement over something from Ford.

Sorry about your luck. I was thinking of using some of the one way screws that they use on safes to attach mine. They screw in fine but need to be cut off.

·
Registered
2004 Forester XTi
1,005 Posts
If any of us GC8 guys in MN sees a ford or any other car with one Subaru foglight... I'll let you know which hospital room he's in. :bot: Chances are, that person will probably break at another GC8 for the other light. Bastards!:curse:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Right on Kickin!!! :boxer:

The cops were like "What Ever!" at first until I told them the cost of one foglight :eek:

Then they stopped smiling...

They called the fingerprint guys in a hurry.

The print guys got good prints & photos off the car.

The Auto theft division of the Minneapolis police called me on Monday morning to get more info.

It seems the Impreza's are getting jacked for parts more often now than before. They are keeping better records on these problems because they are relativly new car.

They told me Auto theft is worse in July more than any other month.

They are getting a bait car ready soon it will be a Subaru :)

So I was happily told them the things that look most attractive to thieves on our cars. :biggest:

They happily took notes :cool:

All in all I felt very confident in the police ability to do their job.

Man you should have seen the smiles when they got the prints of the car.

Well gota go.

EchoWrx

P.S. Call the cops ASAP when a theft has happened. They do a better job and they are very friendly :)
And this is from a guy who has gotten many speeding tickets from them before :run:

·
Registered
19 Posts
I seriously hope they catch the punk. I remember before the WRX got here, the theft rate on our cars was minimal.

The cops did NOTHING for me when I was the victim of a hit and run only a month after buying my car. And I had the whole thing on video tape! I went around for a year with a big swath of white paint missing from my front bumper... until some (bleep) in a Ford pickup side swiped my front end last summer.

·
Registered
2004 Forester XTi
1,005 Posts
chronic said:
I seriously hope they catch the punk. I remember before the WRX got here, the theft rate on our cars was minimal.

The cops did NOTHING for me when I was the victim of a hit and run only a month after buying my car. And I had the whole thing on video tape! I went around for a year with a big swath of white paint missing from my front bumper... until some (bleep) in a Ford pickup side swiped my front end last summer.
So the so called 'protectors of public safety' cops just thought it was no big deal? The insurance company should of happily looked into it after you rob them of the insurance claim. Honestly, if an insurance company isn't gonna do anything about it, I would get a lawyer to scare the shit out of the insurance company(especially when I have evidence of the other vehicle).

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
One thing you could also do when you get a new light is use a security bolt. I have ones that look like they use a normal allen wrench until you look closer there is a center pin in the bolt so the allen wrench has to have a hole in the center of it to take the bolt out. I'll check the ones I have if they fit for the lights I can send some to ya along with the allen to take them out.

Buster

·
Premium Member
2001 Subaru Impreza RS
586 Posts
Damn them to Hell!! People who steal from others cars shouldn't walk anymore.

Nick C.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
EvasionOfTruth, Where can I get some security bolts? Can I get them on the net? If you can send me some (6 of them) with Allen Keys how much would I owe you?

Thanks man,

EL
:sunny:

·
Registered
99 2.5 RS-T
838 Posts
The security bolt thing is a good idea but it also leaves you open to more damage. My old GTI got broken into through the drivers window ([email protected][email protected]$ I had glass in my seat for weeks) and the hatch was open!! When they realized the glove box was locked they went into it with a crowbar, same for the stereo. I managed to get everything fixed cheap (except the stereo, put a pos cassette deck in right before I sold it for the suby). Anyway, long story longer, things like foglights will always be a hot commodity because the dealer price on the things is rediculous (a coworker's 318i just had one of his stolen), same goes for our rear spoilers. If they want it they'll take it and there's not much we can do except slow em down. So, try the security bolts but remember you are leaving your self open to more damage if they really want the part.

·
Premium Member
2000 Subaru Impreza RS coupe -
2,362 Posts
EchoWrx said:
P.S. Call the cops ASAP when a theft has happened. They do a better job and they are very friendly :)
And this is from a guy who has gotten many speeding tickets from them before :run:
Hmm... Just for the hell of it, I'd like you to try the same thing here in Houston, and see how different the reactions of the cops will be...
Uhhgg... I need out of Tex-ass!

·
Registered
MY99 GF4 EJ227 JDM 6spd
5,262 Posts
I'll keep my eyes peeled:)

Sorry for what happened dude. Them basterds!!!:boxer:

-FuJi

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks Fuji.

"BOY" good point!!!

My spoiler was stolen the first Christmas snow of the first year I had the car. I wasn't to bumbed (more shocked) because it was the stock 4dr spoiler. Nothing special.

I was going to install a spankin cool wing but now I am not.(sorry Cool Subie dudes you know the wing I wanted to install but now no way!!!)

Now i don't want to put any other things in or on the car except the best Alarm system. I am looking at the beeper alerts ones.

They are silent and I'll get a beeper alert.

Reason my cousin and his dad are teaching me everything about .38 specials I legaly need to know.

I was anti-gun until now, but a gun licence ain't bad.

If someone wants to risk life and limb for a car part or body kit... that's fine with me.

Just understand their are risks involved.

Their is a lot less risk with getting a job and working for it

:checkit:

EchoWrx

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Well had some time today at lunch to check and see if the bolts would work.....two problems: not long enough and the wrong thread. :( It was worth a shot.

Buster

Edit: you can buy these...I'm not sure of our vendor right off the top of my head though. It might be Tessco or Hi-Line I'll see if I can find out.

·
Registered
99 2.5 RS-T
838 Posts
well, if you're still looking for a "security bolt" you could try a **** bolt. Should be able to find in any thread pattern/size/length.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts