Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
00 Impreza RSTi 3 Tone Bishes
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know it has been done but have searched here and at the i-club:run: so far i hear its a direct bolt on..is this true? i know for a fact that exhaust hangers must be moved..is it just the one or is it both of them. i can get a hold of this for cheap but am just curious as to gain (if there is any), sound (i assume the piping is bigger) and asthetics (does it look good on the gc8)?

post ur comments..good or bad..lemme kno!!

shaun

·
Premium Member
overdeveloped beater
8,335 Posts
You don't really have to "move" the exhaust flanges. Any auto store should have flange kits that will allow you to use the stock flanges with holes that don't match up. They look like bent rods with bolt holes forged into the ends. You make a clamp from them and tighten the bolts against the flange.

The WRX muffler looks great on the RS (and L's too)! The sound is quiet since the WRX pushes quite a bit more air out. No popping on decelleration. Not as loud as the SPT/BroSpeed exhaust.

I don't know if it makes any gains over stock, but it helped my little 1.8 breathe better! No pics yet.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I've got a WRX backbox on my GC6 RS and it's pretty decent.

There's a hanger on the top of the backbox that need to either be cut off or cut and rewelded to match the OEM backbox.
As for the flange, I had a muffler shop make a 2.25" diameter midpipe sans resonator to match the WRX flange. The flange is off like 30 deg. or so.

I had the midpipe made for two reasons:
1) Better flow from cat back
2) Wouldn't have to cut up OEM midpipe and backbox if I ever put it back to stock and sell it.

I got my WRX box for $50 as a take off from my dealer and then $100 for the midpipe (which wasn't worth it IMO but that's for another day...)

-mykr.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts