Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I still have my stock MY01 struts... with 23k miles on them... I'm thinking of putting Apex lowering springs and my FHI 20 mm rear sway bar... does anyone else think that this is over kill for my poor lil struts??

·
Registered
140 Posts
My understanding is that the struts are more likely to blow the lower you drop the car. It is also my understanding that up to 1.5 inch drop is OK. But, don't go quotin me or nothin! :)

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
blow as in blow up = dead.... maybe car accident? and these are the apex lowering springs... I think moss said its a 2" drop... too draxtic for snowy weathers, anyone thing?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Our Tuner, but I've heard it from other people as well. When I said blow I meant blow as in handles like crap, with rice-bounce as you drive down the road.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
eww... well from the sounds of it I shouldn't suffer long apprently the price of fhi ver 5 struts are 300 to my last recall they went up but hey 300 sounds nice with ... I had heard about a sag... does anyone know of this sag.... plus with a 2" drop does it sound like I can call myself Mr. Shovel?

H

·
0 Posts
Deznuts05 said:
eww... well from the sounds of it I shouldn't suffer long apprently the price of fhi ver 5 struts are 300 to my last recall they went up but hey 300 sounds nice with ... I had heard about a sag... does anyone know of this sag.... plus with a 2" drop does it sound like I can call myself Mr. Shovel?
The V5 struts are now $300 a pair, so $600 for the set. You're better off buying the SPT adjustible shocks at $420(?) for the set. They're probably repainted KYB AGXs anyway, like the V5 are non-adjustible KYBs.

·
DemodderedOGmoss
05 LGT, 06 WRX wag, ZX6R
4,654 Posts
Why buy SPT adjustables(4-way front/8-way rear) at $534 when KYB AGX(which is what SPTs probably are, as stated above) for about $100 LESS. ;)

H

·
0 Posts
moss said:
Why buy SPT adjustables(4-way front/8-way rear) at $534 when KYB AGX(which is what SPTs probably are, as stated above) for about $100 LESS. ;)
Like I said, the price went up (about $100) between when I last looked at them and now. :) That would have made the price difference nil, and it would be an SPT part, therefore little to no warranty troubles. (Not saying that you won't get some jerky service guy who would give you a hard time, but less of a hard time than with the KYBs. )

If the KYB AGXs are cheaper, I'd go with them! :)

·
Registered
352 Posts
at my dealer i seen a quite a few boxes of KYB's laying around. i don't think you will run into too much trouble with them.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts