Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
13 Years of RS
2005 Toyota Corolla :(
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I've heard different things in different posts, and I'm still not really sure of the answer. So here's my question: will the stock RS fuel pump and injectors work with a 5 psi setup with a WRX turbo and a Vortech 6:1 FMU (RRFPR)? The FMU will be adding 30 psi of fuel pressure at 5 psi of boost. Will the fuel pump be able to deliver the needed volume, and will the injectors flow it?:confused:

·
Registered
852 Posts
I haven't tested it myself, but I am hearing that the WRX pump will work. I think it flows somewhere around 150 LPH, which should be enough for 5 psi. The injectors WILL handle it, no problem, just be ready to updgrade later on if you want more boost.

Baseline fuel pressure in 34 psi, 40 psi at full throttle. If your new fuel pump keeps your idle fuel pressure low, then you should be fine. My Walbro HP 255 LPH fuel pump bumped my baseline fuel pressure to 51 psi, so I am basically running rich all the time, although I do get 66 psi fuel pressure at 4 psi from the Vortech.

Graham

·
13 Years of RS
2005 Toyota Corolla :(
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was going to ask abut the WRX pump, so I guess I can at least give that a try. Shouldn't be too hard to find one fairly cheap. And I'm definitely glad to hear that the injectors will handle it, especially since I don't plan on running any more than 5, maybe 6psi if the egt's and A/F ratios look alright. It's my only car, so I can't afford to have it blow up the engine or tranny by running 10 psi. Thanks for the answers!:D

·
Registered
613 Posts
without more than actually dashing through those last posts i would like to add: sometimes pressure and volume are confused together or switched. my car runs 770cc,. 72lb/hr just fine on a stock fuel pump. i have the volume to support it at stock pressures. i think it's all the piggybacks that cloud the issue. and i re-iterate i THINK..... oh wait that's iclub lingo. carry on!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Its my understanding that with a RRFPR the stock fuel pump and injectors will work for 5 psi.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts