Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

161 - 180 of 201 Posts

·
Registered
2000 GC67 Sliver 5 speed
307 Posts
Just bought STI brand RSB 21mm that came with 2 nuts and two JDM rubber bushings. I also bought clamps and brackets, left side-right side. My dad bought them from Subaru for me because of nice discount. Got part #'s and pics if you want them.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Just bought STI brand RSB 21mm that came with 2 nuts and two JDM rubber bushings. I also bought clamps and brackets, left side-right side. My dad bought them from Subaru for me because of nice discount. Got part #'s and pics if you want them.
I would be interested in part #'s if you still have them. How does the car ride with these upgrades? Are the JDM rubber bushings same as endlinks?

·
Registered
5 Posts
How strongly is it recommend that i get some solid medal endlinks to go along with a new 20mm rsb. Moving from the stock 13 I'm expecting/hoping for significant improvements but worry the old plastic/rubber/what-have-you stock links that are now going on 13 years old. Whatya say?

·
Registered
227 Posts
How strongly is it recommend that i get some solid medal endlinks to go along with a new 20mm rsb. Moving from the stock 13 I'm expecting/hoping for significant improvements but worry the old plastic/rubber/what-have-you stock links that are now going on 13 years old. Whatya say?
It should be fine since the 20mm also uses those same plastic endlinks. I swapped a 17mm from my WRX onto my GF using the plastic endlinks and it works fine.

Whiteline also offers these which are a little lower in cost than most of the machined solid ones:

http://www.whiteline.com.au/product_detail4.php?part_number=KLC19

http://www.whiteline.com.au/product_detail4.php?part_number=KLC20A

·
Premium Member
2001 Subaru Impreza L coupe
773 Posts
Ok, I've read most of this thread and many others, and still can't find my answer.

Looking for a 17mm rear sway for my 2001 impreza L to replace the tiny 13mm one. I found someone with a bar (no brackets) from an '02 wrx wagon. I'm pretty sure the bar itself will fit, but about the brackets.........
.....will the ones from my L work with the wrx bar?

·
Registered
97 OBS 5MT
9 Posts
Ok, I've read most of this thread and many others, and still can't find my answer.

Looking for a 17mm rear sway for my 2001 impreza L to replace the tiny 13mm one. I found someone with a bar (no brackets) from an '02 wrx wagon. I'm pretty sure the bar itself will fit, but about the brackets.........
.....will the ones from my L work with the wrx bar?
You need the bar and bushings, the rest of your stuff (the stock brackets and mounts) will work with a 17mm bar

·
Premium Member
2001 Subaru Impreza L coupe
773 Posts
You need the bar and bushings, the rest of your stuff (the stock brackets and mounts) will work with a 17mm bar
I already have new polyurethane bushings (end link and bar-to-frame ones) for a 17mm bar, shipped and on the way.

I was just curious about the metal u-brackets that connect the sway bar to the frame. I guess they're called mounts, and not brackets? Either way, seems like my old Impreza L mounts/brackets will work with the wrx bar.(?)

Thanks.

·
Registered
227 Posts
The mounts from the WRX are a bit better than the ones that were on the L, but yes, I believe those brackets should work. The mount attaches to the frame and the clamp (u bracket) holds the bushing to the mount. When I pulled the bar off my WRX, I swapped the whole thing onto my OBS and everything bolted right up.

·
Registered
99 OBS STM
125 Posts
Gc8 Version 1 wrx rear sway bar size is 18mm

at least that's what is measures and its non adjustable :)

edit: I corrected this, ran out and measured it today it was actually 18mm

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi all,
I just bought a 2002 impreza ts sport wagon. I'd like to do this upgrade as cost effective as possible (notice I didn't use the word 'cheap'):). Can someone recommend exact parts for me? I've read in places that using white line end links with OEM sway bars is a gold way to go, but I also got confused as to which year to use for newer bars:confused::confused::confused:.
Any help is greatly appreciated. So, just to wrap up, I'm looking for which size sway bars for front and rear (as close to 20mm as possible), and end links. Links as to where to purchase would help, even from members here! And if there is anything I'm missing please don't hesitate to let me know!
Thanks guys! If anyone here is from Vancouver, BC, holla at me:D

·
Registered
227 Posts
Hi all,
I just bought a 2002 impreza ts sport wagon. I'd like to do this upgrade as cost effective as possible (notice I didn't use the word 'cheap'):). Can someone recommend exact parts for me? I've read in places that using white line end links with OEM sway bars is a gold way to go, but I also got confused as to which year to use for newer bars:confused::confused::confused:.
Any help is greatly appreciated. So, just to wrap up, I'm looking for which size sway bars for front and rear (as close to 20mm as possible), and end links. Links as to where to purchase would help, even from members here! And if there is anything I'm missing please don't hesitate to let me know!
Thanks guys! If anyone here is from Vancouver, BC, holla at me:D
Anyone?:):beer:
Read through the thread, the info is already there.

·
Registered
2001 2.5 RS (Blue Ridge Pearl)
9 Posts
Curious to get opinions on what you think would be better for a 2001 RS, a 17" or 20" wrx rear sway bar?

Front sway is still stock, 19".

·
Registered
227 Posts
I'd probably just go with the 20mm. I have the 17mm from my WRX on my 97 GF and it helped, but it still understeers. My buddy has the 20mm in his 96 GF and it feels more neutral, but then I have 22s front and rear on mine :D

·
Registered
99 OBS STM
125 Posts
I love my 22 whiteline front and rear setup, its a lot of fun but its not the cheapest route.

I would buy up some stock 20mm bars if I was trying to go budget, and keep your eye out for some solid non-spherical end-links for a good price used, they make a big difference despite what I see some people say on here.

At one point I had my front stock (19) and my rear at ver1 wrx (18) with solid kartboy end links and it was actually pretty damn nice.

·
Registered
2001 2.5 RS (Blue Ridge Pearl)
9 Posts
Will a rear sway bar from a 2013 wrx fit a 2001 RS? If so, any extra brackets needed?
Thanks

161 - 180 of 201 Posts