Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

141 - 160 of 201 Posts

·
Registered
00-OBS-2.2
581 Posts
Yea and no clunking. I've been beat the he'll out of it tonight. I've gone at least 50 miles taking turns hard. No noises and looks in great shape. I'm stoked I found a solid way to mount such a thick STi bar

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
MY16 Impreza Sport Limited
4,769 Posts
so i'm tryin to buy a 04 wrx fsb for my 00 RS. Will it fit, he says that I'd need a turbo crossmember, but I'm curious what the pro's think?

·
Registered
'99 OBS Silverthorn Metallic
656 Posts
so i'm tryin to buy a 04 wrx fsb for my 00 RS. Will it fit, he says that I'd need a turbo crossmember, but I'm curious what the pro's think?
Will not fit.
Its got funky bends in order to fit around turbo stuff (I guess the crossmember?). NA FSBs do not have that bend.

·
Registered
MY99 OBS GF4 v2 STI RA EJ20G
1,421 Posts
So if i have read right the 02 20mm wrx RSB is direct bolt in. Sweet!
Yeah it is. I've been trying to find myself one.

Also trying to find the 20mm FSB from a 02-05 2.5RS/TS.

What front to rear sway bar bias is best?? Bigger in front or Bigger in the rear? I was thinking about running 20-20 for my GM6.

What do you guys think? Should I just find an aftermarket 21/22mm fsb and go with a 23/24mm RSB?

~Andrew

·
needs more cowbell
95L, 07 2.5i, R6
9,281 Posts
Most like larger in the rear. I left my stock front size and got the wrx size for rear. Handles great. I may try larger in the front one day but first the plan is to change all underbody bushings to urethane and see what's up.

·
Registered
MY99 OBS GF4 v2 STI RA EJ20G
1,421 Posts
update:

00-04 Legacys and Outback N/A FSB will most likely fit our Imprezas. The track for the Impreza is bigger by about .7inch... so it should fit. I'm going to be testing this out since I've found one and reporting back to you guys.

00-04 Leggys = 21MM FSB and 14MM RSB

·
Registered
160 Posts
ok, i have another people who seem more versed in me. Im planning on hitting a pull and pay next month, i already have an 05 FSB. now i understand that i will have to get the turbo xmember off of an older legace turbo or a newer wrx. at the same time i know if i stuck it in now it would break my stock endlinks because the SB end is tweaked outward. From what i have read for proper fitment i would have to get wider control arms and the endlinks that will support the tweak in the SB. So my question is this: is there a wider set of control arms on older subarus (forester or legacy) that i can get to prepare for the upgraded SB? And is the information i have correct as far as the xmember?

·
Registered
1998 Impreza RS2.5 #29
93 Posts
I just installed my 97sti fsb they fit without the Turbo crossmember but mount in a different place which requires different endlinks or the sti a-arm. I have the complete front suspension from my 97sti parts car so I just replaced all the worn parts with the nice non rusted still ones I have and it all fit. Just a side note I measured the sti Fsb it is 20mm also.

·
Registered
05 OBP STi, 00 2.5rs
42 Posts
For the GC & GD chassis, stiffer rear promotes oversteer and stiffer front promotes understeer. This is why on a stock GC RS for example, the factory bars are 13mm rear and 19mm front, and it understeers.

For a neutral feel, keep the front just a "tad" stiffer.

Select your bars based on your suspension mods (springs, coilovers, braces, etc). Hope this helps.

Yeah it is. I've been trying to find myself one.

Also trying to find the 20mm FSB from a 02-05 2.5RS/TS.

What front to rear sway bar bias is best?? Bigger in front or Bigger in the rear? I was thinking about running 20-20 for my GM6.

What do you guys think? Should I just find an aftermarket 21/22mm fsb and go with a 23/24mm RSB?

~Andrew

141 - 160 of 201 Posts