Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

101 - 120 of 201 Posts

·
Registered
00' 2.5RWD / 98' L Wagon
4,673 Posts
This is what I was told from the guy trying to sell his bars to me.

the back is 20mm i think and the front is 18mm i think...what kinda car is it for and i will do all the reseach for you
the bars will fit and seems like a fantastic upgrade...my best friend works as the head mechanic at our local subaru shop they are doing a 04 STI conversion on one i can box this stuff up for you can you send me a full address so i can look into the shipping i will let this stuff go for cheap i will let you know

·
Registered
2000 Impreza 2.5RS (STM)
93 Posts
Can I swap out a 20mm WRX sway bar for my 00' 2.5RS without changing out endlinks? Will I have any problems making that work? How is it for a daily driving car?

·
Registered
2012 Audi S4
1,954 Posts
Can I swap out a 20mm WRX sway bar for my 00' 2.5RS without changing out endlinks? Will I have any problems making that work? How is it for a daily driving car?
you dont have to change to endlinks, BUT it is always highly suggested. The stock plastic ones flex way to much and the bigger sway bars are not fully effective because of this. That being said it is always a good idea to change to support brackets on the RSB to WRX ones if anything other than daily driving is going to be done.

The rear brackets are only 30 bucks or something, definitely good to have incase you decide to do some "spirited" cornering

·
Registered
99 impreza ts
14 Posts
alrite so decided to measure my front sti "sway bar" and it 19mm
and it didnt clear my header
i have a 99 impreza l sedan, stock header and everythin eles
the parts shop i bought it from was total jdm in toronto and it was from an gc8 sti
plus it came with endlinks
comments lol?????

·
Registered
2005 WRB WRX STi & 2000 STM RS
36 Posts
the RS in some years had an option for leather seats. but i believe that was a dealership option.

and to the last poster. yes the size is refering to the diameter. so larger rear sway bar to match the front or slightly larger will greatly improve the handling of the car.
I have a 2000 2.5RS Sedan (GC6) with full black leather interior. I'm the 3rd owner, I bought it from my daughter the 2nd owner when she got her '07 STi. It was originally a California car.

·
Registered
2005 WRB WRX STi & 2000 STM RS
36 Posts
Rallitek 22mm adjustable RSP - thoughts?

Does anyone have any experience with the Rallitek 22mm adjustable rear sway bar for the 93-07 Impreza/WRX?

Good / Bad / ?

Thanks.

·
Registered
00-OBS-2.2
581 Posts
So just installed kartboy endlinks and a sti Cobb 25mm rear sway. I'm having fitment issues. I'll post pics later tonite. Basically I mounted them on the outsides of the endlinks. One clears fine the other is borqed about an inch and won't allow the bolt to go in. Any ideas?

·
Registered
02RS RIP, 91Stealth, 05STi
1,778 Posts
mikeyb I have a STi rear sway bar on my 02RS and it doenst look like that. try to move the passengerside bar inside the endlink, and move the drive side endlink outside the brackects and secure it with a longer bolt. i did that with my STi RSB and it seems to be working fine for now

101 - 120 of 201 Posts