Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

81 - 100 of 201 Posts

·
06 Wrangler Unlimited
4,613 Posts
90-99 Legacy bars do fit 93-07 Imprezas. NA to NA and turbo to turbo, of course.

I don't know of a way to let everyone edit this thread. But if anyone has updated info, post here or PM it to me and I will edit the first post.

·
Registered
99 Impreza Outback Sport
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
sounds like a legacy. The limited are Leggy outbacks.

Also i'm pretty sure no GC/GF era impreza ever came with heated or leather seats.

·
Registered
2000 RS SRP(RIP), 97 OBWRXS
2,522 Posts
i might be headed back to that yard this week and ill try to get pics, the preduction code on the door jam sticker was 4/99 unless this guy had some stuff done to it i thought they were heated and leather...might have just been the overwhelming joy of finding a set of sways front and rear for 30 lol

·
Registered
158 Posts
i have a 97 l so its the
"L: 19F/13R" i take it?

now what exactly does that mean?

is it refering to the diameter of the sway bar? and whats the advantage of using the larger diameter? would i really notice the difference in upgrading?

·
Registered
2000 subaru impreza 2.5RS SRP
447 Posts
sounds like a legacy. The limited are Leggy outbacks.

Also i'm pretty sure no GC/GF era impreza ever came with heated or leather seats.
the RS in some years had an option for leather seats. but i believe that was a dealership option.

and to the last poster. yes the size is refering to the diameter. so larger rear sway bar to match the front or slightly larger will greatly improve the handling of the car.

·
Registered
97 Posts
putting aside all the RSB bias I see around Subaru communities... what the heck do we NA people get to use for 25mm+ FSBs?! Ughh..

·
Registered
97 Posts
sorry guess i wasn't clear

was frustrated that there's nothing better than the rallitek 22mm FSB for us NAs. i'd REALLY like a 27mm FSB to go with my cobb 25mm RSB on middle setting. tribeca FSB doesn't seem like the best route to go either, being it's effectively a 22.25mm. :(

anyone have luck using 27mm whiteline bar on an NA with stock headers?

·
Ex-Mooderator
2001 RSTi, 2011 WRX Hatch
3,256 Posts
sorry guess i wasn't clear

was frustrated that there's nothing better than the rallitek 22mm FSB for us NAs. i'd REALLY like a 27mm FSB to go with my cobb 25mm RSB on middle setting.
I have a whiteline 22-24 on my N/A RS...

I believe those are still avail...

·
Registered
97 Posts
hmm... 22-24 might do.. though i heard that whiteline has a specific one for the forester (MY05).. not sure what the difference from the RS one is.. are your RS FSBs the same width as WRX and STI FSBs?

Which PN is that 22-24 btw? I can never seem to find a good Whiteline distributor..

·
Ex-Mooderator
2001 RSTi, 2011 WRX Hatch
3,256 Posts
hmm... 22-24 might do.. though i heard that whiteline has a specific one for the forester (MY05).. not sure what the difference from the RS one is.. are your RS FSBs the same width as WRX and STI FSBs?

Which PN is that 22-24 btw? I can never seem to find a good Whiteline distributor..
My WL FSB is the same width as stock.

Don't know the part #... you have to look at their catalog...or an older catalog.

-- Dave

·
Registered
00' 2.5RWD / 98' L Wagon
4,673 Posts
Yeah it would've fit. I was looking at the same one for 40 something shipped. It's already been sold however.

·
Registered
00' 2.5RWD / 98' L Wagon
4,673 Posts
Same. I had the cash but wanted to but struts before I buy my sway. Figured new GR2's would help me more with body sway and rubbing than a rsb would.

·
Registered
00' 2.5RWD / 98' L Wagon
4,673 Posts
Does anyone happen to know the size of the Front/Rear sway bars of an 08 FXT?

And if it will fit on MY98 RS?

81 - 100 of 201 Posts