Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

61 - 80 of 201 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Impreza RS
639 Posts
How do you figure, "a little sturdier" aren't the whitelines made out of metal? What are the OEM 04 brackets made from?
i have a 02 WRX 20mm rear bar w/ hardened links and the stock mounting bracket. no problems here (MY00 RS) for a few years..

There are a few companies that make the HD upraded brackets such as whiteline. There are reports of people that have broken the stock ones with larger bars 20+ mm bars which neccesitated the upgrade.

I am going to upgrade soon but to the 04 OEM WRX brackets.. they are cheaper. ~$40 vs. ~$100 and alittle sturdier.

·
Registered
2000 Subaru Impreza RS Silver
103 Posts
Try an adjustable RSB. I have a 20-24 Cuzco bar setted at 22 with Whiteline heavy duty links F/R and its a completely different car...for good.

·
Premium Baller
05 LGT Wagon 5spd, '11 R6 Race
5,731 Posts
Cusco rsb ftw. i have one of those on and it is amazing, the car handles awesome. I've got one in front but i cant use it anymore (if anyone wants it, 75 bucks).

·
Registered
00 Subaru Impreza RS
349 Posts
So, from what I understand: STI sway bars will work for a 00 RS, it just bolts up to the outside of the endlinks. Do I need any extra hardware?

·
Registered
2000 RS SRP(RIP), 97 OBWRXS
2,522 Posts
sorry to bump this but i am a little confused...

i just got fsb/rsb of a 99 OBS Limited from the junkyard the other day and you are saying the rear on the 97-01 OBS is the same size as my 00 rs?

think some info is wrong here cuz this is what i got off that OBS (unless original owner who wrecked it upgraded the bars

·
Registered
99 Impreza Outback Sport
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
I don't curate this thread anymore as I am way too busy these days.

But yes, the 93-01 bar is 13mm as is are the stock RS bars.

It looks like you got lucky and got a 17 or 20mm bar from that crashed OBS.
13 --> 20mm is a HUGE difference. Enjoy.

And for that other person. By optional I mean that some of the earlier imprezas didn't have a sway bar at all.

·
06 Wrangler Unlimited
4,613 Posts
brdrhopper - That's a Legacy rear sway bar. You can tell from the slight bend in the middle section.

Either the owner installed a Legacy bar on his OBS, or you are confusing the Impreza Outback Sport and Legacy Outback models - they are two different things.

·
Registered
99 Impreza Outback Sport
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
would a legacy bar fit an impreza? I wouldn't think so normally. They have a wider track no? (at least the newer ones do)

Also -- Road Runner. I don't have time to curate this thread anymore. Would it be possible to open editing privledges for the OP to everyone?

·
Registered
2000 RS SRP(RIP), 97 OBWRXS
2,522 Posts
you know, i could have been wrong and it might have been a legacy obs i just remember it saying limited on the side and had leather heated seats (damn me not having a good enough job lol) either way it fits just fine on my 00 sedan and boy what a difference :)

61 - 80 of 201 Posts