Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

41 - 60 of 201 Posts

·
Registered
99 Impreza Outback Sport
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
It made a HUGE difference in my car (99 wagon). But I'm stepping up to 20 when i can. Note that it will suck more when you go over speed bumps.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is great info, tried to find a thread like this on the national forum, no luck...

BTW, My 2006 2.5i wagon has 20mm front and 13mm rear, hopefully this helps out.
(I have a whiteline 22mm in the mail as I type)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hey guys Im still new to all this stuff I dont understand all the little gc, and codes so will the sti's rsb fit on my 2007 2.5i? and what kind of changes will I expect and what should I do for the fsb? Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
757 Posts
I have the front and rear sway bars from an sti which are both 20mm. Will they both bolt right up with my stock endlinks and all the stock hardware? cause im reading this thread and Angrytoaster says they will fit and then someone else said they wont. I have a MY98 and I did not read anything about 98's so i wanted to make sure.

·
Registered
'05 Impreza 2.5RS, Aspen White
417 Posts
maxipad said:
i wanna put a 20mm on the rear of my 05 rs, what year/model subaru fits?
Easy answer: anything for WRX or RS, year is not an issue.

Does anyone know what the sway bar sizes on an '00 Forester L are? I'm guessing same as the RS (19/13), but can anyone confirm?

·
Premium Member
faster than yours.
4,605 Posts
The STi RSB fit my '01 2.5RS and '01 Forester S without a single issue. If you are basing your statement of "correctly" on the fact that the mount point is on the outside of the end link... that has no bearing on how the geometry of the sway bar works.
M3n2c3 said:
STi RSB will not fit non-STi Imprezas correctly.

·
Registered
'05 Impreza 2.5RS, Aspen White
417 Posts
Angry Toaster said:
The STi RSB fit my '01 2.5RS and '01 Forester S without a single issue. If you are basing your statement of "correctly" on the fact that the mount point is on the outside of the end link... that has no bearing on how the geometry of the sway bar works.
Just saw this. . . I hadn't come back in because a few days went by and there was no answer to my Forester question :lol:

But yeah, by "correctly" I meant "as intended by the designers and manufacturers." Semantics, really. :p

Personally I'd rather pick up a Cusco or Whiteline bar and have it meet up to the OEM-specified points, than jimmy on an STi part for simplicity's (or frugality's) sake. The STi bar may still work, but I haven't seen anything factually proving or disproving the existence of any issues or long-term ill effects (although if this has been done, please point it out). When I look at the info available, it all adds up to an uncertainty for me, and I'd consider that a compromise instead of correct installation. Not a large compromise, mind you - just enough of one to dissuade me from running one for the time being.

·
Registered
1993 Impreza wagon AWD
450 Posts
I just got an offer for a 17mm 2006 WRX rear sway bar. I have 2.5 RS endlinks and a 1993 GF wagon. Will all of this work together?

·
Registered
29 Posts
1997 Legacy Outback
20 front
18 rear

Just installed these on my 1997 obs the other day. They are a direct swap, though the rear hangs a little further down than stock because it was designed to clear a larger gas tank.

41 - 60 of 201 Posts